Leadfoot Festival 2019 2-3 Feb

That time of year again so save the dates, book your sick leave, and book accommodation early as it always sells out!

Leadfoot Festival

2nd & 3rd February 2019

280 Link Road, Hahei 3591, somewhere just outside of Whitianga but really just in the middle of nowhere

Also slightly before Wagnats which means roadtrip of epic proportions?

Same details as every other year. 1 mile hillclimb event which brings in some of the best drivers from over the world, a few sponsors with some cars, and thousands of people. And also the carpark gets pretty full so bring your OS car for reserved parking (let's face it, this reserved parking area is probably the main attraction).

Open pits to talk to every Barry in the country

Top tip - buy tickets online rather than at the gate

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

volunteer spots just opened up on their website, yep OS have visited & my 2 weeks there as a volunteer for the event is an experience I will never forget

would highly recommend, have you ever been invited to Rod's mine shaft (wine celler) for a BBQ with his guests? I have :P 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoKer said:

volunteer spots just opened up on their website, yep OS have visited & my 2 weeks there as a volunteer for the event is an experience I will never forget

would highly recommend, have you ever been invited to Rod's mine shaft (wine celler) for a BBQ with his guests? I have :P 

I second this. Highly recommend volunteering. Next year will be my 3rd time volunteering - I'm in charge of social media over the weekend which should be epic again. Hospitality by the Millen's is always on point. Apply, bring a tent (sites usually provided free of charge at the campground), a few boxes and you're away laughing with all the other gc volunteers

Always drink responsibly. Don't drink and drive

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m driving back up on the 3rd if you want to hitch a ride in the V8 Avenger Wagon. 

I’ll be leaving straight after the prizegiving on Sunday, I’m going to Wagnats on the next Wednesday, so I figured I should get back for work on Monday, do at least 2 days work :) 

Whats the deal with parking for older cars. Last year there was alot of 80s cars parked up near the starting line, rather than in the back paddocks. In the email I recieved from them it says only pre '78 or something? 

Planning to take Cordia along, just be nice to park a little closer. 

9 hours ago, 120why said:

Im here now and parked my 120y in the classic area. Staying at Hahei camp ground 

I’ve seen your 120y around town heaps! It was parked down by the shops when I was having dinner tonight, if I see you tomorrow I’ll pop in and say hi, you might have seen my Avenger wagon at the festival. Love your roof rack btw. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Avenga said:

I’ve seen your 120y around town heaps! It was parked down by the shops when I was having dinner tonight, if I see you tomorrow I’ll pop in and say hi, you might have seen my Avenger wagon at the festival. Love your roof rack btw. 

Yeah man please do! Seen your wagon around a fair bit, very clean! You passed us in a grey Countrylane Kitchens trailer and blue ranger on the route to Hahei. Towed the datto there and sleeping in the trailer :D will be parked in the classic area tomorrow about 8am 

10 hours ago, 120why said:

Yeah man please do! Seen your wagon around a fair bit, very clean! You passed us in a grey Countrylane Kitchens trailer and blue ranger on the route to Hahei. Towed the datto there and sleeping in the trailer :D will be parked in the classic area tomorrow about 8am 

Are you Darrell?