Fridge into car discussion

toy-mota

So i have a wild idea of custom making a fridge for the boot of the crown (ms65)

crowns come factory with the fridges and run off the a/c unit. My car doesnt have any a/c in it and getting all the dash components and factory fridge will be impossible or expensive. 

I do have however the parcel tray vent that connects to a fan on top of the fridge that pushes cold air into the cab ,which i would like to use. 

I have been looking at different types of cooling and would like to go with a compressor setup . Super cold drinks,and should work for my parcel tray vent. 

There are kits available but range around the $1k mark,far to pricey. So im hoping to gather parts off trademe or hopefully buy a working 12v fridge and cut up to what i want. 

Peoples thoughts on this? Fridge experts ? Problems i may face. Shit i may need

cheers

Just buy one of these Engel Fridges used to have them in work vans I used to have. Hold a dozen beers and 2 litres of milk no worries on a hot day you would have to crank the engine up around midday or you weren't starting up at 4. 

But they did get things icy from warm and keep them cold. I once filled mine with snow in the south island bought it back to Auckland so my kids could see it/postpone another expensive holiday.

small_0_mt17f.jpg

• Like 1