Willdat's this wasn't supposed to be a project Honda Beagle

Willdat?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugger off the lot of you with your trailer spec wheels!

It's got Racing Hart Superlative D-Specs on it which are 15 x 6.5 + 32 offset , I plan to make these center caps fit at some stage.

485447037.jpg

Wheels are about the only thing sorted as they have new tyres too.

• Like 1

We're right up to separating ball joints stage now - having never done it before - is this video on the right track or should I just spring for a ball joint separator?

I can't quite even visualise what type/size of thing would even be my best bet.

http://search.supercheapauto.co.nz/search?w=ball%20joint%20seperator

Dude I have a ball joint splitter if you want to borrow it...

Cheers! I like the simplicity of hammer time, but will let you know if I need it! Nothing so far has been rusted/seized or anything - I guess this isn't really old enough...

Progress reports please.

Just need to pull driveshafts and undo engine mounts and we're out (should be this afternoon/evening all going well). Will inspect clutch and replace if chooched.

Our pinch point is looking to be the new motor coming down from Auckland at this stage. Was pulled from civic yesterday but crank pulley is cracked/chipped (and he broke the TPS lowering it onto pellet). Seller is going to try source one on Monday (he works for Strongs Honda) so hopefully that will be straight forward...

Dohc zc's are good fun in a Shuttle!

As SiRge said we pretty much did the swap on my one in a weekend. It took a while to sort all the nigly shit (we did manual conversion at the same time) and in all honesty I never got it sorted 100%

No ABS or A/C in my one so can't help there.

I miss my Shuttle :(

• Like 1

That ball joint trick works wonders. I use a 10mm open end spanner on its side in there.

Honda lower ball joints can be a pain but that trick works everytime.

Fyi you will need to change the plugs on your loom to match the engine as dohc zc has the cam sensor on the exhaust cam, sohc (and every ther honda) has the sensor in the dizzy. Its easy to just dipin the plugs and click on the new ones

Everything else should just plug in

• Like 1

Fyi you will need to change the plugs on your loom to match the engine as dohc zc has the cam sensor on the exhaust cam, sohc (and every ther honda) has the sensor in the dizzy. Its easy to just dipin the plugs and click on the new ones

Everything else should just plug in

Super, will it be an issue that I won't have the ZC engine loom?

Dohc zc's are good fun in a Shuttle!

As SiRge said we pretty much did the swap on my one in a weekend. It took a while to sort all the nigly shit (we did manual conversion at the same time) and in all honesty I never got it sorted 100%

No ABS or A/C in my one so can't help there.

I miss my Shuttle :(

Sweet, was your one 4WD too? These Beagles were soooo expensive new - similar money to a stripped out EK type R.