brockzilas E21 320/6 BMW Dissussion.

Mr Vapour

Don't bother rebuilding the carb haha, find some form of adapter plate to throw a weber or Holley carb on instead. 9/10 of those solex hunks of misery are warped to shit. Even the merc techs would throw them out!

Other than that, so so stoked to see another e21 on here!

Yes so I have heard

yeah man there's not many of these things Around now.

It runs starts and drives. But it's not liking acceleration. Sits on the motor way at 100 and purrs but put the foot down and spluter splutter So I'm guessing it's acc pump. I already have the kit so am going to give it a go. My father was a Army mechanic, he was so happy when I opened the bonnet. " a carb, something I know about" he's full of old school knowledge. We will see what I can work out.

It was the same as the one in your garage. The red/copper colour.

It's going to go back to that colour prob. I quite like it.

For now I'm going to plastic dip the chrome black and tint the Windows and roll murder for a while.

• 6 months later...

Have you got a link to that legislation?

I have been looking and talking to my mechanic it is not a legal obgliation .

But 

He said that being taken to nzta is not something he would wish on his enemy's .

The threat of the implications is often enough to make them act.

I was going to call tgd guy today, bug was flat out at work, if I don't get an answer out of him I will be looking to get the car back and making some phone calls

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To clean the seats a good water blasting usually does wonders. It is regularly done by people with Type R Recaro deats as the red ones get black marks all over them

ummm that seems a little harsh.  

its only a couple of patchs that need to be taken care of. will waterblasting not damage the fabric? 

unfortunatly i cant tell you the product name, id like to know myself and will find out one day, but i just bought a car from a yard and the tan seats had a big black mark on the base, they said no worries, well shampoo that and it wont be there when you collect it. 

i was dubious, but when i turned up sure enough the seats looks brand new, so id recommend going into a decent car yard and asking the groomers what they use and what they do. works wonders

Works wonders one the suede and cotton recaros so one would assume it would work on yours.

Or hire a rug doctor, get a few mates around and do all your cars and split the cost

YEs thanks guys. i deas

Works wonders one the suede and cotton recaros so one would assume it would work on yours.

Or hire a rug doctor, get a few mates around and do all your cars and split the cost

unfortunatly i cant tell you the product name, id like to know myself and will find out one day, but i just bought a car from a yard and the tan seats had a big black mark on the base, they said no worries, well shampoo that and it wont be there when you collect it. 

i was dubious, but when i turned up sure enough the seats looks brand new, so id recommend going into a decent car yard and asking the groomers what they use and what they do. works wonders

Thanks Guys 

Rug doctor sell the cleaning product by the bottle. 

I will go buy a bottle of he upoulstry cleaner and grab my dads wet vac. Clean it then use the wet vac to suck the water out of the seat. 

Like i said the seats are real clean. It has 2-3 spots that have marks, but they are only the size of a golf ball each so im hoping this works a treat. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...