Fliboi's Z31 300ZX

Threeonthetree

Awesome!

Also I think this engine would take well to a super charger. It's got boat loads of torque too, can cruise along at 50kmh in 5th and it's doing about 600 rpm, never seen that in my life. Does a touch under 1500 and 100kmh and revs out to 6500

What would you say if I told you that there was a factory supercharged version of this engine in the USDM?

VG33 or something like that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha really? I'll have to look it up.

Mods like that will be years away, as it's a daily but cosmetic mods will be a lot more short term.

The current wheels actually don't look too bad on it, just a bit blingy, so I'll paint the centers gun metal grey for the next while until I decide what we'll I'll be going with and build up the pocket money to pay for them

• 2 weeks later...

Your issue will be that folds happen in straight lines...but the rear of your car is not straight.

Where the wing touches your boot will also be some form of curve. It be a nightmare to sus on cad

Google image search for sheetmetal wing to give you an idea of what can be done

after some more thinking, what youve said about the curves being a problem. could very well be an issue.

though the boot is pretty square, and im hoping that with having mounting 'tabs' that will pretty much cover over the the whole boot lip, and these being pretty free to flex apart from the one edge attached to the spoiler, i should be able to mold to the curves. 

if that makes any sense?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The fairlady name comes from the SP310 Roadster, which had several roadsters before it then was superseded by the Z, hence FairladyZ. Fairlady was only used on the domestic cars for the most part, for a few generations. Exports got the number letter scenario like all Datsuns did in the 70s. 240Z, 180B, etc.

cat_nerd.jpg

Play nice children.

I will be making sure that next moonlight container has several items for this on it. And I'll be ordering some matching koni adjustable shocks for the front to match the items on the rear.

Priority is currently on making this handle as best as possible so that it makes a decent track car too, for now I'm happy with the power it makes and should make a good starting point.

Still really keen on a rocket bunny style duck tail, but not many options. Will keep on that one.