Jase's Shed Building Journey

j.e.d.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I found them pretty good to deal with. Happy I got someone to put it together and it worked out heaps cheaper on an hourly rate than a fixed contract price.

Their instructions are a little vague in places, but overall a great product and the best price from everyone I got quotes from, including totalspan who I thought were supposed to be well priced..

Been pretty slack over the last week or so with progress so not much to report - got the gutters on though..

20150321_154311.jpg

In other news, I did a deal with the builder on my Torana sedan. So he's picking that up later today. It's meant all the labour for the last few weeks has been to pay for the car & it simplifies my project list down to the HQ & the Torana hatch, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Oh, & I managed to start the HQ yesterday - was the first time it ran in 10 years, so massively stoked about that!! I took a vid of that so if I manage to transfer that on to my computer I'll post it up when I start a build thread on it.

Happy Days! 

url.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

I like to think of it as...My interests are far bigger than my shed.

C\: Run "Shed Cycle"

10 Print "Shed clean and organised!!"

20 Print "start a project"

30 Print "stuff dumped in shed in a hurry"

40 Print "pull shed apart looking for stuff under the stuff dumped in a hurry"

50 Print "Shed in absolute chaos as I cant find anything, avoid shed as long as possible"

55 Print "Frustration building"

60 Print "Dump more stuff?"

70 input x

80 if X$ ="yes" then 60

90 Print" At breaking point yet?"

100 input z

110 if z$=yes then goto 130

120 Goto 60

130 Print "Clean up Shed, inorganic is in 6 months so stick it on oldschool "

140 Goto 10

ok so it's been 20 years since I programmed in basic...

• Like 4

Did the second coat on the floor yesterday. Looks just like the above pic so no point in de ja vu..

Time to start fitting it out & getting my cars in where they belong finally. I hope to get a little bit done over the next few day so watch this space  :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Been a while. Need motivation (and other non car related projects around the place to go away)..

Finally laid a cable...

20150829_131124.jpg

20150829_150932.jpg

Big thanks to everyone's help & advice on this subject. Now just gotta find an electrician (and some money) to do the business to the ends. Luckily for now the sun is bright & my extension lead is long  :tongue:

Sorted out the retaining wall outside the PA door. Went from this..

20150308_160744.jpg

To this..

20150821_144245.jpg

Still gotta put a couple more posts in beside the shed & build a little lean to roof for shelter / outside communal area.

I'm still tidying up inside the shed from when I mass dumped all my crap in there a few months ago. I've built some shelves outta this high density board I picked up for a dollar. A guy said it's the stuff they use to build prison walls out of so should be strong enough.

f118927c-c639-482f-8720-93c4047a0e11.jpg

Next update, pic's of shelves, benches & a dart board  :)

• Like 4