64 Valiants 68 VW Beetle

64valiant

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

duno. mate/worker was putting some shit in the shed and was like hang on a min what is this vw engine doing here. turns out his uncle was planning on building a trike that he could ride (hes in a wheel chair) and never really got around to it, quite a few years ago.

so my mate/worker just got a phone call to go get his uncle out of some mud (got stuck in his wheel chair) so i may be able to tell you when he gets back. 

• Like 1

il chuck a rotary in it before i put a porsche in it.

that way i can do gang signs and were flat peak hats and scream FTP everywhere.

waiting to here back about this twin port engine thats in my mates storage shed.

you're at 2/3 anyway aren't you? :lol:

mates come back from pulling his uncle out from the fence/mud and told me its a twin port 1600.

also got told to go out make an offer/persuade him with big bottles of jamesons whisky and i will probably walk away with it.

off to the liquor shop i go after work i think.

• Like 3

yup rebuild is on the go. have pretty much sold my old engine to another mate so she can get her beetle on going.

meaning il probably install it and hopefully get it going for her. 

il start to strip my engine down over the week and start pricing up a few parts.

probably wont go to the likes a 1776 cause id rather not spend heaps of money on machining cost so will probably stick with a 1641

• 2 weeks later...

Yea going to rip mine out tonight after doing some reading and watching of videos last night. I'm sure I have enough mates to make it work. Doesn't look that hard. Cut inch put ether side and weld back up....

Inch isn't that hard by the looks of it all but two inches seems to be a lot of work. Will see how I get on with the trans lift as I want it back on the road so I can pull the van off the road for wof work.

are you going to get drop spindles?

already have them on it :) 

wanting to narrow my front beam so wheels dont stick out as much with them on. so i can get some lock. had 4 guys in it the other day and had to do a 3 point turn to get into his road had no lock haha.

21994_895757473813954_745219775272153430

this is a mates one and his is 3" narrow if i remember correctly with drop spindles and he says it now rubs on lock on the inside he recons to do a 2" and thats what i was looking at doing.

• Like 2

late but yeah that rear end is out of a variant/type 3 - they are a bolt in piece on those. 2" beams are good but may need a bit of inner guard clearance at lock and the shock mounts. On the steering geometry, the rhs tie rod starts getting a bit angly and short, i have flipped them to the underside of the knuckle before with a bit of a rebush.

• Like 1