2zz stopped boo-baa'ing/tekn (Modern corolla)

Sparkle

So because it was a pretty accurate title I shouldn't need to explain anymore, but i will anyway.

Have a 2000 Toyota Corolla Fielder Z that mainly does Jo duties/daily drives to work etc.

Noticed that when the vvti is supposed to be "kicking in" at approx 6500, it now hesitates, misses slightly and accelerates with hesitation.

Started doing it in just 1st gear doorts, which I thought was just low speed/tyre chirp. Have noticed it slowly progressed to both 2nd, and now 3rd gear. This doesn't make a lot of sense, but Cam/Gman suggested new plugs (them be bad at high revs, and less load in the higher gears). Changed and didn't make a difference.

Took air filter out in case it was blocked, and funnily enough it fixed it for one acceleration. Now it's bad again.

Sorry I can't explain better, it baffles me a tad.

Sparkle.

These modern toyotas can give trouble with the vvt solenoids if they have been poorly serviced (jap import).

They have a little gauze somewhere to filter the oil on its way to them that can block up.

I'm not saying this is definitely your problem but might be something to look into.

• Like 2

These modern toyotas can give trouble with the vvt solenoids if they have been poorly serviced (jap import).

They have a little gauze somewhere to filter the oil on its way to them that can block up.

I'm not saying this is definitely your problem but might be something to look into.

Yeah what he said !

Do these rock a solenoid/sensor like the vtecs do?

I helped a mate fix his integra. 

Cleaned out gunk from the mesh in it, reset the ECU and boom vTEC the halls etc.

• 2 weeks later...