9 November Sunday Cruise: Pongaroa THE WAY TO GO

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gooood meet guys, apart from groups being split up and all that drama (really did need more points for everyone to regroup and shiz).

Datman13b deffs come to another meet man this was one of the less organised meets we have had.

Still a good day though highlights were wilfs and the willys jeep so lush.

• Like 1

Not sure why you would have the feeling that people didn't like your car. No idea where you got that idea from.

No one excluded you man, all ya had to do was plonk yourself down and say gidday, just like any other social situation.

Cam did ruddy well at orginising this. Including quite a few stops for people to catch up and a decent run etc. Its hard to keep a large number of cars in one pack, especially with different paces.

Good on ya for coming though. Realise it can be a bit daunting turning up to something where everyone seems to know everyone. Funny thing is, all of us have been in the same situation, and now we're great buds!

• Like 7

Was choice. Chair cam.

It doesn't help that we are a bunch of people from the internet. Most of whom probably sit part way up the autism scale.

Social interaction is difficult, Especially with new people.

Fortunately, we do all have one thing in common. So the daunting task of taking to strangers is easier as you know you can always strike up a conversation about sweet as old-school whips.

Just gotta get in there and ask people about their cars.

And also, for the record, anything with a rotary is fucking choice! No matter what badge is on the grille! Except maybe a Renault Fuego. Otherwise they would tick too many boxes.

• Like 8

I would say give it another go datman, I've always felt like a spare cock at a fellaters party at these sort of things but usually find someone with a similar interest to talk to. I snuck up on Seedy Al and Goat while they weren't looking so you can fit in. I have only been to a couple of O.S. gatherings and found a pretty interesting bunch of people to be honest. I'm the old bald guy in the Jeep that came and asked where everyone else was. 

• Like 2

sweet! sorry we lost half the group over the saddle, worked out in the end! 

cheers for jacking up the visit to wilfs! 

and, man you can pedal that jeep along! took us aaaaaaggggesss to catch up to you after pongaroa. you didn't get that much of a head start on us!

time for a hemi in the old girl?

Hemi, hmm? wonder where i might find of them ? Shoulda checked oil before i left Pongo probably, did push it along a bit to try beat you guys to the last big hill so i didn't hold things up too much.

• Like 1

Hi Datman, I was in the yuck spec light blue Peugeot 504 in front of you and got held up at the turn off to Saddle Road in Ashurst then didn't manage to catch the rest up the hill. I turned up to the windmills lookout as I thought that's where we were stopping for a photo op, but as we found out this got skipped. My gf then decided she wanted to take a couple of photos and so we only just had you in sight down the other side, and I called Cam (Dolan) at Woodville to find out where the hell everyone had gone by which time you must have already carried on towards Pongaroa I think. So sorry about that not working out. Just a bit better planning and communication needed next time - please don't be put off! And for the record I really liked you car (sounded awesome), just didn't make it over for a chat. Just bowl on up and introduce yourself, I've found that in general OS people are a friendly bunch.

Can we have the next Sunday cruise soon please? 23rd or 30th Nov would work for me before I move to Welly first week on Dec. Maybe a little shorter / more central Manawatu?

• Like 1

How bout a joint meet first weekend of Dec 6/7? I was thinking of orginising one at foxton as I know the newish owner of the fish and chip shop, and said she'd put on a mean feed for us lot? Or Otaki would be ace.

I'm kinda on call/out for the rest of nov, and most of dec is looking a lil murky for me cept maybe the sunday before xmas? Doesn't mean I have to be there of course, depends what suits everyone.

• Like 2

How bout a joint meet first weekend of Dec 6/7? I was thinking of orginising one at foxton as I know the newish owner of the fish and chip shop, and said she'd put on a mean feed for us lot? Or Otaki would be ace.

I'm kinda on call/out for the rest of nov, and most of dec is looking a lil murky for me cept maybe the sunday before xmas? Doesn't mean I have to be there of course, depends what suits everyone.

That's the weekend that I'm moving to Welly, so as long as timing is ok (i.e. mid-late morning meet up, finish early arvo) I could cruise down with Palmy munters & mooch on afterwards with Welly crew...

• Like 1