9 November Sunday Cruise: Pongaroa THE WAY TO GO

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Righteo: Finer points time!!

We will meet at the gravel area on Cambridge ave in Ashhurst (47-49 Cambridge ave). 

I don't know who owns it but I'm sure that if we don't draw attention to ourselves then it'll be ok to use as a meeting point :)

Meet there. NO SKIDS!! If someone tells me to move on then I'll be parked alongside it on the road. 

see here: https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/44+Cambridge+Ave,+Ashhurst+4810/@-40.2946584,175.7537885,146m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x6d41b74255e5e4f1:0xdb1ecc05871d86d9

We will be going over the saddle road, with a weather and enthusiasm dependent stop at the Te Apiti wind farm for pics, and to feed the baby winds if you so want (bring your own candy floss, they like to munch on clouds)

From there, a nice flowing cruise to Pongaroa for a pint and lunch. 

From there, two options:  We may have the opportunity to check out a little something extra. Not confirmed yet, but will update if/when I find out more. 

alternatively we can all find our own way home :) 

I'll be in Ashhurst just after 10.30am on the Sunday. We will aim to be leaving at 11am sharp so we don't burn up too much of the afternoon. Should be a sweet drive so look forward to catching you all on Sunday!

-You're going to want to bring enough gas to cover upwards of 200km to do the return trip! Gas will be available in Dannevirke/Woodville on the way back, but once we leave the carpark in Ashhurst we wont be deviating/stopping at any petrol stations so come prepared so you don't get left behind!
-Bring a camera! everyone loves pics so take heaps of snaps and post them once you get home! 
  • Like 5

Unless it's pissing down i'll be there in the Jeep. If anyone wants to come back via Dannevirke you are welcome to stop in at home to either encourage you on your current project or put you off for life, I have a few to look at. Wilf,s is also on, i would suggest some loppers to get through the blackberry, never go without mine. See you there. Have you rung the Pongy Pub twincam ??

Unless it's pissing down i'll be there in the Jeep. If anyone wants to come back via Dannevirke you are welcome to stop in at home to either encourage you on your current project or put you off for life, I have a few to look at. Wilf,s is also on, i would suggest some loppers to get through the blackberry, never go without mine. See you there. Have you rung the Pongy Pub twincam ??

calling them today :)

awesome! 

will be there for the drive over saddle see how time is going if i carry on gota milk that cow in the avo, the gravel pit were u meet up in ash somtimess has trucks parked in there in weekends should still have plenty of room tho, my uncle live directly across the road has the mint red old holden one tonner ute and he loves skids haha

• Like 1

epic! did you go to marks?

Na ended up going to trackside as the old boy there fucking loves the chevette so it tends to get an easier time unfortunately the same can't be said for the deliboy which i don't think is even that dodgy but has every warrant place so far looking for any reason not give it a wof (one place even told me that to my face). There faces when they have to stick a wof sticker on are priceless!

• Like 2