Who in CHCH to fit up a 50cc honda dio tyre?

RUNAMUCK

So one of my scooters got a flatty. (lucky I had a back up scooter that day)

I pulled the wheel, and got the tyre guy at work to fix the hole.

Getting the tyre off was one thing, but who's the best/cheapest to stick it back on the rim? The valve stem is gone too (tubeless) but the tyre guy gave me a new one.

Any ideas?

Yeah I cbf doing it myself tbh.

Lots of car tyre peeps out there. But moto spec be less so?

I don't have that thingee tyre guys have to pull the valve stem into the rim either.  That's the real stumbling block I guess. I looked at that, and thought, this is too hard.

• Like 1

Any normal tyre shop should be able to do it.  It's easier than doing a 4" hand trolley tyre. 

Pretty much a screwdriver, and some vice grips will do it though. Mix a little bit of dishwashing liquid and water together for tyre lube.

To pull the valve through you normally use one of these: http://www.protekequipment.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/StemPuller.jpg
Every tyre shop will have one, otherwise put the cap on (so you don't wreck the thread) and then try pull it through with pliers, be careful not to squeeze it to tight, and make sure you use the above tyre lube on it to help.  

I don't know what tyre shops are like down there, but if somebody brought in a tyre and a wheel (not on the scooter) I'd be doing it for $10 including the valve stem.

I'm no tyre guy, but if you want me to give it a shot, just drop it off to either wigram or hornby and i'll give it a crack. It can't be that hard can it?

Just a whole lot of lube, straining and panting and the job should be done. I'll try fit the tyre as well.

• Like 2

I asked the tyre guy at work about that doofry, and he said he just uses pliers. I had been trying to get in in there unlubed. Which is pretty retarded really.

He said to use some sunlight, but I might use some KY just so I can say I did. It shouldn't be that hard/dunno why I'm being so hopeless.