Terminal220's 1982 VH SL/E sedan

Terminal220

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So......another question.

Since I have changed sumps from the HQ to the Commy style I have a dipstick issue. The old 9 port dipstick hole in the block is postioned aft and I will no longer get an accurate reading on the stick (after I chop it down so it will seal). What do I do about that? I know I could get two elbows brased into the sump and run a clear tube beteen them.......but that seems like too much effort and I have already fitted and sealed the sump. Most 202's I have seen leak oil (some more than others) so I am pretty keen to have the ability to check the oil level between oil changes.

Please tell me I dont have to take it off again! 

Hotwires or 100 spokes for the VH? Whats the view on the street?

I have some pretty nice 100 spokes but as of late have been having second thoughts about using em. I have the option of getting some 15" x 8'' deep dish hotwires locally. I want to keep the car looking sleeperish. I am most likely just going to run new rims, lower the ride height by 2'' and run fender and tail light extensions from the SL/E. Originally I was going for how the boy racers did it in the 80's look..... Dont want it to become just another butchered commy and am starting to think the the 100's will be too flashy now that its crunch time.

Views?

We have 4 cylinder commy wheels at zebra

Are you running the 4 cylinder diff and brakes?

I will be running 6cyl discs front and rear with a 6 cyl diff......so need 5x120's.

I will sell my set of 5 Holden 13's all with center caps after the brake swap. Any idea what they would be worth?

4 cylinder ones?  They'll be worth the value of the tyres on them. The rims are worth scrap value only 

No-one will want them with their fucked up oddball stud pattern that only fits over super tiny brakes

I sold my tyres and rims to Shaz for $1 so she could have tyres for her Lancer. 

"Since I have changed sumps from the HQ to the Commy style I have a dipstick issue. The old 9 port dipstick hole in the block is postioned aft and I will no longer get an accurate reading on the stick (after I chop it down so it will seal). What do I do about that? I know I could get two elbows brased into the sump and run a clear tube beteen them.......but that seems like too much effort and I have already fitted and sealed the sump. Most 202's I have seen leak oil (some more than others) so I am pretty keen to have the ability to check the oil level between oil changes.

Please tell me I dont have to take it off again!"

Sorted

Dammit! Had some mint 14" deep dish hotwires geared up and the guy turned out to be full of plark.

The hunt continues.......

On a more positive note, I swapped my doors for a brand new set of vented and grooved front rotors as well as an adjustable panhard rod to suit the VH......win!

• 1 month later...

The wheels look even better in real life.......they look brand new. So stoked, Rimrite here in Palmy/Feilding did an amazing job. Currently have 225/60R15's on e36 xwires.......just to roll it. The width is perfect and the new ride height means i can just run a hand between the arch and wheels....love it! will post pics once i get it out of gaurage

Parachute Jump Instructor for seven years an have now remustered to 3sqn Helicopter Crewman