rim halves/lips/barrels/shells.

ta63-1uzze

So have been looking around and haven't had too much luck . Can people please inform me of the various places that sell new rim halves.

I am looking at making my own custom set of rims with offsets to fit my car with flairs so they will be quite negative offset.

So far the only place I have found is arrow wheels. And although they have been somewhat helpfull I think it always pays to shop

Ideally I would prefer shops in Auckland or at least the North Island.

Thanks guys , look forward to options , opinions, recommendations .

2.3(9) would apply to you if you are making your own wheels.

not throwing poo on your idea, but might pay to check it out if you want it to be legal

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Wheels_&_Tyres.pdf

Thank you, and no I take on offense at all, I have just read that and would you think that 2.3 (1) b , would be sufficient enough to cover modifying an already existing wheel?

I plan to modify an already existing center to fit the offsets I desire, any machining work would be done on a cnc machine , so would be done to a high standard off workmanship and accuracy .

I wonder what would need to be inspected or tested to continue with this plan ?

I wonder what would need to be inspected or tested to continue with this plan ?

if you email     justin@lvvta.org.nz

he could let you know what you would have to do, ie if your design has to be approved by the TAC, you might not need to if you are using some existing centers and fitting wider bands

if you email     justin@lvvta.org.nz

he could let you know what you would have to do, ie if your design has to be approved by the TAC, you might not need to if you are using some existing centers and fitting wider bands

as normal cletus you have shone through with some very helpful information, thank you for that, i will be pricing up the halves and once i have a game plan i will get a email away to Justin to make sure my plan is acceptable . 

https://www.facebook.com/whitehorseindustries

Apparently cheaper with the current exchange rate then 41 degrees

thank you sr1600 , i have just sent them a email via Facebook, hopefully they can beat the quote i have from arrow wheels, 

Slightly late to this thread and I haven't read it all, but I recall some talk a while back about new outters for simmons 3 piece rims, I want to get some wider outers for mine, but was there some issue about getting them spun up?

not sure, i believe them to be an of the shelf item depending on the actual offset you require. my plan is to mill down some welded wheels, extract the center, mill it so its all tidy, grind it with the procession surface grinder to get it back to super lushness . then throw some halves at it with nice new bolts and that should be me all done and dusted. 

Got some front lips done by 41degreewheels. Came out pretty good. I also had him polish the wheels, plus split them and drill the holes so it cost a bit more, but i think the lips were about 150 each by themselves.

choice i have sent them a email too, where are the located?? 

damn they have some sexy wheels, loving the extra deep dish work equips 01s , mmmmmm 

ok just for an up date,

arrow want 15 inch halves $210 .with the precaution of inspecting my centres before hand , if he is happy with the quality of the build then ok to buy

41 degrees wheels wants   $195 each half + 40 for powder coating or polishing each , and a cost of 20 for shipping up from well to Auckland.

white horse industries, yet to reply .

I am probably going to try and use arrow as they are in Auckland, as this makes my life easy if I need to actually go in and speak to someone.

if anyone else have any leads to halves please let me know , I don't mind doing the shopping around : )   

yeah I think so , I have been asking about 4 inch wide and 5.5 inch wide . its like 10 bucks difference  between the 4 and the 5.5 . also this is per lip. so double it for each wheel for your inners and outers

so a full let will be around the 2000 /2200  mark including gst and freight roughly

Looking at doing same thing in next 6 months.

You aware of the % inner and outer lip you can have for certification requirements?

Gaz

yup , sir cletus has posted this lovely bit of information .  have had a good read of it, lots of information to sift through .

update,

white horse industries , actually very well priced, unknown as to weather or not they are polished etc

15 x 4 = $125 each

14x4.5 =$130 each

15x5.5 =$140 each

this is Au $,which is good at the moment verses NZ$  , but then its plus shipping, and tax, so could end up cheaper. but probably not  .