Nics Engineering page of 3d Scanning, CNC machining and other junk

NicT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I make a living (barely) off my Company Supplying mainly Carvings to Tourist Shops/Wholesalers across New Zealand and even a few Kiwi-shops in Ozzy:P

Company started in 1984, moved to current site in 1992, I started working here 1998 : bought the workshop 2005

no name changes! But you an call me whatever you like if you buy me chocolatesalso if you h

ave ever sat on these at the Tui Brewery/Breakers resteraunts palmy/Napier OR Tiko pub recently for Hawkes Boez

535552_10152073908623475_1618530467_n.jp

give ya one guess who made the stool tops?

537144_10152193424388475_1416961036_n.jp

also have a Laser engraver

• Like 3

I have a job interview for a CNC routing place in coming week. Could be interesting work. They make plugs and moulds for boats/helicopter canopies along with signs and other junk.

It looks like more interesting CNC work then drilling lots of holes in metal.

• Like 2

RIGHT, so i finally go the scanning thing-a-ma-bob to do what i wanted it to, and i got a result that i was aiming for the whole time.

Idea:

Scan -> CAD cool shit using factory lines -> form machine on CNC routers -> fiberglass

1532030_10152131585935837_570028996_o.jp

Scan

1096967_10152131585915837_1057669499_o.j

Mesh Model!!!!!!!!!

I can run tool paths over this and machine something fathemable. Offset surfaces for plugs/material thickness etc etc

Just trying to get the surface to be smooth, figure out how to make this nicer

• Like 3

This is the Xbox Kinect, the new kinect looks amazing for the Xbox one, however the programs to use it dont exist yet, and microshaft are keeping the tech real close to their chest for now. But its resolution will be 10000000 times better.

Eeeeeven better, ive scored a job at a CNC routing workshop, so will have access to machines that could make mdf moulds etc. Exciting times

Now i should really work on a car...

• 5 weeks later...

Lol G code reads like the German language, where you have a noun before a verb... "Make the doutside door closed" / T5 M6 rather than "Close the outside door" in english.

Is the manual actually german? Can get dad to look at it as he speaks it if so.