diy hydroforming

flyingbrick

If you watched the other videos then he has a tap and bleeds all the air out. It is pretty harmless, you are only putting a few litres of water in there so it really isn't a big deal.

Also it would probably spring a leak before it exploded anyway.

• Like 1

its pretty cool but you need to understand whats going on and the possible risks etc.

in that case he is starting with two flat sheets so its not too bad but any air in the vessel being formed is potentially dangerous

Should whack a sweet high point vent in it :-)

If you watched the other videos then he has a tap and bleeds all the air out. It is pretty harmless, you are only putting a few litres of water in there so it really isn't a big deal.

some people don't have all day to sit on youtube dave#4576346

yes it is likely it would spring a leak first - but its completely possible it could have a violent failure.  understand what you are doing and the risks you may be taking, it's your life so be responsible for it and own the risk because you can't count on anyone else to.

if it were me I would put in the contract for v8pete to install a HPV in an appropriate location and would follow good filling/venting procedures. then I would stand as far away as practical while the pump was running.

• Like 2

understand what you are doing and the risks you may be taking, it's your life so be responsible for it and own the risk because you can't count on anyone else to.

Did you start condoning this philosophy before or after you tried to grind your arm off with a guardless grinder? Trolololol.

• Like 2

That comparison between pneumatic and hydraulic was lol.
  • Like 1

Did you start condoning this philosophy before or after you tried to grind your arm off with a guardless grinder? Trolololol.

hey cam

I tried very hard to find the guard beforehand but it could not be found at the time. I grinded my arm and not my face. I was very concious of critical items being out of the line of fire. I also didnt expect my arm/wrist to bend so much to allow the grinder to go around that far. and still I turned the power off on the grinder in 0.0004 seconds.

but yeah I knew I should have used the hacksaw to cut the last bit before I did it. so I am an idiot.

some people don't have all day to sit on youtube dave#4576346

yes it is likely it would spring a leak first - but its completely possible it could have a violent failure.  understand what you are doing and the risks you may be taking, it's your life so be responsible for it and own the risk because you can't count on anyone else to.

if it were me I would put in the contract for v8pete to install a HPV in an appropriate location and would follow good filling/venting procedures. then I would stand as far away as practical while the pump was running.

You mean like these guys?