Brake fluid flush with ABS

HighLUX

Fluids cheap, I just bleed the brakes until the new fluid is coming out and is clean. Just bleed the brakes starting at the furtherest brake from the master to the closest. Not sure if ABS affects it or not. My brakes still work after the above method. I try and buy fluid that is a different colour to the fluid in there, makes it easier to know when it's fully flushed out. My2c

I'm sure if there is a trick to the ABS part of the system though, someone will post it up.

• Like 1

With abs all u Gota wory about is if u using air compressor break blender as it sends the abs sensor valves the wrong way but as above just bleed them up till clean fluid comes threw making Shure the master cylinder dosent go dry or your gona use 3x the fluid u would other wise

Just bleed the brakes starting at the furtherest brake from the master to the closest. Not sure if ABS affects it or not. 

Only trick with ABS that I'm aware of is instead of starting furtherest away from master, make it furtherest away from ABS unit. In a VR Commodore it appears to be next to the master so it shouldn't make any difference (start at left rear), but some cars have them across the LHS of the engine bay in which case you would start on the right rear. 

A trick i use is to always empty the reservoir 1st, i use a vacuum pump homemade from a old fridge pump, with a bottle as a vac tank for the fluid to go into.  Then you pour the new fluid in, open the valve with a clear hose going into a clear bottle (i use a old beer bottle), you can then just use gravity to let the fluid flow down into the bottle, as soon as you see the fluid come clean, close it off and do the next brake.  

Pumping a mix of old fluid thru is dumb, and allows the fluid to push around into all the other circuits.