Kurt's kp61 starlet

kurt.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man tidy starlet. i found when using picture hosting sites like photobucket etc. on an ipad it can flip them in all funny ways so i downlaoded this app called Imgupr pretty sure it was free and it's real easy to use. Just upload photo once uploaded press get embed codes. Then copy the code with at both ends of it. Then paste it in the reply bit down the bottom of the page.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

maybe worth strengthening the mounting points, if you are going rear coil overs.  both on diff and chassis.    i know some of the ae86 guys have had trouble with the diff mount bending, using coil over rear.   which is similar setup to kp

depends how many jumps you are going to do i guess!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bloody hell!

I had the exact same problem woth the rear and got a engineer to move the thread down so now there permanently on there lowest setting and not adjustable at all!

I don't have my car but I'm guessing with these at there lowest setting is where I'll want them

lol, those definitely are not legal at the lowest setting/anything other than the highest by the looks of it. Spring must be captive when car jacked up.

Figure out what height they need to be set at to get the car where you want and then go from there. Might be able to use keeper springs, or might have get the shock shortened.

you pretty much need to run a keeper, unless you get your shock length spot on, at the ride height you want.  as without the keeper you really only have  around 10-20mm  (more or less depending on spring rate) window of height adjustment,  with fixed rate spring.  unless  you run an adjustable shock body setup

longer springs aren't of any help.

the massive threaded section alows for keepers.  

• Like 1

Fingers crossed a keeper will sort it out. Went and saw my local spring guy and he said he can sort out quite a few lengths of keepers etc.

just wait till I get starlet back.

Basically I've learnt not to buy things from America that needs a cert. as apparently they don't have anything like that over there

• 1 month later...