Tarmac series for some good action!

M_C

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first run there ever was a 1:05, I think I broke into the high 59's once that day. My quickest ever was my third time there with a 56... It took 3 events before I was really comfortable there!

Just remember you have driven quick on public roads before, this is no different except you legally can go over 100kph and use both lanes...

Just go as fast as your comfortable.

Looks like possibility for rain in the morning with overcasts predicted all day... XSSPEED's lending me some decent rubber for the event so that should help... 

Just need to lower the rear of the car a little and give it a wash... everyone else all set for this?

I suppose I shouldn't complain about the rain since it's winter, but potentially 3 out of 3 events affected by rain so far is pretty gay.

What are worn semis like to drive on a wet road? Much better than the ice skating rink at Hampton Downs, but still pretty dicey, I'd imagine?  :-)

My dunlop semi's have about 2-3mm of tread and they have been fine when damp / light rain... If it's really going to be wet i've typically run my road tyres with the same level of tread. It's a chip seal road so it's fairly coarse.

Biggest issue with semi's is getting heat into them as the run is very short compared to the track stuff. I've never had any issues with tread levels with my semi's even when they where down to 1mmish of tread.