Rookie Daves Lie-too-us Seven

KKtrips

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but the microsquirt wont deal with sequential injection so out boards are off the cards ATM.

there might be a smart way to batch them? pretty sure on a link g4 you can do it without having to step up to the extreme to do 8 injectors. 

was tounge in cheek anyway - just planting the seed lol, looks ace man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Rookie Dave,

Happy Birthday.

P.S. Great to see this car out there today, hope it all went well for you.

P.P.S. I did not run any bearings with my lousy wet sump.

P.P.P.S. Have you considered putting a muffler on your car, it is very noisy.

• Like 5

Dear Roman Dave,

Thanks.

It was good to see you and I am pleased that your car didn't actually run bearings, have you considered making it faster?

PS No I have not considered a Muffler, as I need every horsepower I can get.

PPS I ran 1:23

• Like 3

Dear Roman Dave,

Thanks.

It was good to see you and I am pleased that your car didn't actually run bearings, have you considered making it faster?

PS No I have not considered a Muffler, as I need every horsepower I can get.

Heh yeah car's slowly getting faster as I iron out handling quirks etc.

Surely there's a straight through type of muffler that isnt going to rob you of any power? Dave Sentra muffler'd his Mazda now and it's a hell of a lot quieter for no real loss, as there's nothing to impede the flow of gas.

PPS I ran 1:23

Nice! The closest thing I can see which is somewhat comparable to my car:

"The quick E30 series cars, which are around 96 rwkw, 1180 kg, and running on R888s do high 1:22s to low 1:23s"

So my car's a bit lighter, has a little bit more power but a lot less grip compared to R888s... and less practice :)

So tires and driving practice are likely the areas that will make my car faster for the least amount of money. Happy with the motor and everything else at the moment.

• Like 1

Yeah I definitely agree, but dont want to spend any more money on the car for a while.

What's next for yours?

How much was the rev limiter on the straight holding you up, might be a few more seconds in it just with a final drive change or 5 speed box perhaps?

I was on the limiter before I got to the top of the hill out of the sweeper, so basically the whole straight was on the limiter hahaha

I have a list:

Alternator ( I need one that can provide enough juice at idle, turns out EFI is hungry)

Fix the oil leak from the rocker cover, either make a new one or buy one that seals properly

Fit an oil restrictor to the head

Fit an oil cooler

Make some longer trumpets to get it on song

Man it was great though to have a session where nothing went wrong, means you com away with things to improve rather than fix.

• Like 2