Joe's 1976 CB400f

Goat

Chair guiz.

Yea, bars are sweet. You only need to hold up 5% of your weight. So not bad at all. Once moving there will be no load on wrists.

Might make a clipon canvas shield for the carbs to pop on if the road starts to get wet or something. Cos yea, there is no protection apart from the mesh in the trumpets.

Should be rideable by end of this weekend! Then to start work on the fronte!

How do i lower/shorten front shocks?

Can i just space out that stop at the bottom so it pulls the stanchion down into the fork tube? And then cut dem springs to suit?

Or should i get them machined shorter?

• Like 1

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alfalfa

You could make a small fender up that just covers from the swingarm to the upper shock mounts. This is my plan, shit will get really gross really quick up in there without anything. Plus I have wiring which hides behind the fender. Worst case it might start throwing gravel etc into the carbs which is far less than ideal!

It has a clip in black plastic shield that does just that.

But it looks pretty crap. So maby have that on for long trips and remove when parked up. hah.

Canvas would serve the same purpose except look alot more raw. Which is what i'm going for.

And by canvas i mean the stuff the army make their satchels and shit out of. Heavy heavy cloth.

Also thinking about putting a minimalist front guard on. When commuting i could hear all the stones hitting the guard. hah. Whaddayareckon?

Guest Flauski

Hoeleeee, that looks super schmick! Love the 350 tank on there!

What did you use to clean carb bodies? Str8 carb cleaner or soak? I see all the yanks use Pinesol but its not available here.

Oh at are your rear shocks shorter? Whats the size difference between standard and dose ones?

• 1 month later...

Hoeleeee, that looks super schmick! Love the 350 tank on there!

What did you use to clean carb bodies? Str8 carb cleaner or soak? I see all the yanks use Pinesol but its not available here.

Oh at are your rear shocks shorter? Whats the size difference between standard and dose ones?

I just used supercheap degreaser and my flatmates toothbrush. hah

And yep, dime city specials, 11" "Shorty" shocks. 1.5" shorter than stock. Was worried that they would be too small but they are perfect.

I have finally fixed the electrical gremlins that stopped thes from making an appearance at nats.

Now all i have to do is:

• Add fuel tap and tank seal my cb350 tank.
  • Paint tail section to match 350 tank.
  • Make numberplate holder.
  • Make a battry tray to mount it in the tail of the seat.
  • Fit brake light to back of seat
  • Bleed brakes
  • Go for a ride!

At my winter pace. This should take me about a month. But meh, welly be too cold for biking at the moment.

Bullshit! Its equally as cold in New Plymouth and I went for an epic hoon on my 650 last night at dusk.

We used to ride the port hills in chch in the dark in july!

Moral: Its never too cold for a ride!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Say it to my face Al.

Say it to my FACE. :P

Worked on mounting my tail light last weekend. Was gonna just mount it behind the tail section. It looked crap. So i cut a hole to recess it. And it will still look crap.

So now i have to weld the hole up.

Was throwing some ideas about with hayhole on sunday. Pretty sure im gonna cut a bit of the frame off to bring the seat closer to the tank. And if i do that i can run one of those tiny little tail lights.

Just like Dannys GS and Thrillers A7.

Will be doing these mods this weekend. Stay tuned for a picture full update.

Choice.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So yea,

Dug this out, put a batter in it. Got a bottle of fuel lite. Sorted.

r5firi2b.rxw.jpg

o2vbn3tu.jn5.jpg

mxsjvku2.n40.jpg

vf5toiev.rvr.jpg

mkv2dbqi.5m0.jpg

Tidied up wiring.

Everything works.

Jeah.

Todo list:

• Build and fit Number plate bracket
  • Fit Number plate light
  • Aquire brake light
  • Remake a seat to suit current tank.
  • Build and mount battery box.
  • Wof
  • Enjoy
  • Like 3

heya buddy...I got a super tiny brake light from some auto store.

Trimmed it down so its even smaller and welded in a bracket and made it into a high stop light for the mini.

To put it into perspective of how small it is it fits UNDER the rear rain gutter above the rear window.

Maybe you could use something like that and make it miniscule and tuck it out of the way so it can only be really seen when its lit up.

Just a thought.