Taistorms '81 Chevette

Taistorm

What kind of fender mirrors you got on order?

I've got some old Fairlady Z Datsun style ones coming.

I've got some roof racks that should fit the bill if you don't have any yet

Although might not look right with the whole 'GT' thing going on. Spoiler vs. Roof rack etc

Cheers Brad but i've already got some, just need to get the suction cups for the feet. Yea good point, didn't think about that. Still keen to see how it looks though.

Tai.

What kind of fender mirrors you got on order?

I've got some old Fairlady Z Datsun style ones coming.

I've got some roof racks that should fit the bill if you don't have any yet

Although might not look right with the whole 'GT' thing going on. Spoiler vs. Roof rack etc

Cheers Brad but i've already got some, just need to get the suction cups for the feet. Yea good point, didn't think about that. Still keen to see how it looks though.

Tai.[/quote

I have some feet here I could send you. around 3" dia and black. might fit the bill

wow, this looks really cool, nice one man.

I hope my yugo goes as well as yours at a wof check haha. defnately get the 'cant go a day without fucking out', drove mine home (you dont kno what gutless is till you drive a 4sp 1100cc yugo lol) and then it wouldnt start haha. i think its just flodded tho.

this could be a real little looker tho!

I have some feet here I could send you. around 3" dia and black. might fit the bill

Yea could be keen bro, gotta check the leg diameter and get back to you on that.

you dont kno what gutless is till you drive a 4sp 1100cc yugo lol

Haha I dunno man, the 1256 is pretty terrible :lol:.

I've sketched up a picture of how I'm hoping the Chevette will look in the near future. Will try and scan it up onto here :)

Tai.

Yeah I know but had tried to re-glue the hinges twice, first time using loctite window specific 2pot glue which failed. Second I used Areldite which failed then paid one of the guys at Novus to do it, one side failed but on the side that was sweet, the rubbers were really worn out and had about a 4mm clearance issue with the top of the glass. Decided instead of replacing the rubber i'll pay a little more and get the windows fixed.

Haha sweet man should look pretty sweet with a tidy up. Would be handy knowing what it's revving at. Will also look into mounting an oil pressure gauge under the dash at some point.

Awesome colour on those blacks. I didn't think it would really work against the red, but it looks better than I expected. They sit nice on it too.

Cracks me up, just found out that the ignition 12v for the headunit was hooked up to the indicators so when i flicked them on the radio would switch on/off to the indicator relay :? Will sort that out another day.
From memory (about 10 years ago so bear with me) the Chevette 12V feeds all come from the back of the hazard switch, which should get a constant 12V supply. It sounds like you might not have this constant supply anymore, so it's only becoming live when your hazards or indicators are on. Only reason I mention it is because it sounds like your wiring might be correct, just the cars is failing :lol:

Not a huge fan of the cheese grater Piazza wheels ay.

From memory (about 10 years ago so bear with me) the Chevette 12V feeds all come from the back of the hazard switch, which should get a constant 12V supply. It sounds like you might not have this constant supply anymore, so it's only becoming live when your hazards or indicators are on. Only reason I mention it is because it sounds like your wiring might be correct, just the cars is failing :lol:

Wah? That confused me :? Haha. I've run a constant 12v directly off the battery so there's no issue there, just need to find another ignition 12v so there's no issue when the indicators are on.