Kirks bike club aka the Hardcone Hurricanes

KIRK

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

put seat on velo bike. just wacked it in factory position. took me 2 hours to work out that that was the best place for it lol.

also put this together the oher day and its men. somebody find me another new 16 inch pink rim and another new comp 3 tred with gumwall tyre.

IMG_0707.jpg

got my belt and my 22mm taper lock thingy. both fit good. 22mm will be way toihter. i think the italians that tecumseh hired to build this engine failed at making 7/8 inch shafts. i measured all mine and they are all like +/-0.5mm between 22mm and 22.2 haha

dunno about clutch tho. might decide i cbf and just put an idler pully or two in to get the belt wraped around the pullies better for less chance of slip.

this frame will be way easier to push start than the last frame

edit: i did muck around with clutch idea but it all gets a bit messy and gay looking. simple is cool

well had a bit of a lazy weekend and didn't work on my velobike until this arvo. got dodgy sam to do some gasless mig welding. thanks sam. one or two step up from thomas stick welding

IMG_0721.jpg

got some used lawnmower blade gussets to weld in and working on building my intake manifold. got fuel tank, exhaust, foot rests and er thing else ready to go on. pretty much guna put it together at the track. given up on clutch idea due to cbfness and general lack on interest in clutching

build the blue rear wheel and rebuild the hub for my blue bmx this morning. think i ordered some blue tyres last night cos theres an invoice come to my email today hahha

IMG_0718.jpg

its not blue enough. gun paint some rat traps blue and blue tyres and try get some blue cranks

make my clutch and weld in my lawnmower blade gussets. foot rests just tacked on but gun weld up good and join to front half of frame. intake manifold, throttle cable and brakes are done. guna attach fuel tank and fuel lines and then test ride lols

IMG_0724.jpg

yeh dunno. i did think about that but i did it this way, cos it was possible/easier to do this way out of rubish from my garge floor. all my designs revolve around what i can find in my garage lol. its not too important if it dont work well as i can run enough tension to do without it anyway

but yes all advice is welcomed as i'm not an engineer

seems to work. i went with drive side cos i wanted belt wrapped more around top side of the rear pully for more grip. clutching ability is secondary. have big tramoline sping in stock and can run bazillions of tension

edit: you see cos of big lever i can run heaps of spring tension and still be able to move with my hand. but maybe youy are right and if you are then i just hose clamp the clutch onto top tube and problem solved back to push starts haha