Moving to Hamilton - But where?

dylann

Although, if you're living close to the Uni, you have to be sure to keep the house locked up.

When I was living 1 street away from the Uni, we got broken into 3 times.

That applies to any uni thorughout the country.....

I doubt he can get a 3 bedroom place for 270k in Huntington/other sweet newer spots however.

I could put you in contact with my brother in law if you are serious about looking for a house.

He's pretty down to earth as far estate as agents go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YrKuiVHAB0

That first house looks dreamy haha, that would be amazing if you would do that, i'm heading down this week in a couple days to have a bit of an explore so it'd be helpful :)

Found a house in chartwell i could be interested in, looks sweet. And beaver'd be right in the fact i cant find a sweet affordable place in the newer spots haha.

Hahaha red map is crack up and pretty much bang on apart from the odd little pocket of filth here n there.

The idea of huntly/other areas on the way to aux has also crossed my mind too (working in earthmoving I have seen new roading plans for the region). If your going for that sort of plan id suggest buying in taupiri, rangariri or northern Ngaruawahia (eg the far end of the straight after the old army base), I think since the new road skips Nga and huntly alltogether and by a wide margin, most buisness' will struggle and close up leaving both these towns to slowely decay into even bigger holes.

fuck huntly. seriuosly, dont even go there let alone look at houses
Huntly East is surprisingly sweet. I've been to a few places up there that really surprised me. I didn't even realise there was a nice lake up there.

Honestly, check out what you can get for $275,000

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/resid ... 660279.htm

It's almost tempting.

But like anything cheap, there's always a risk. Ten years down the track you'll ever be telling people how good a buy it was and selling it on for $400k plus, or regretting it and trying to get out for what you paid. That's how any real investment works though really, high risk, high return.

I'm not saying buy there, just that it's worth considering dollar for dollar, compared to what you would get elsewhere. Other good points, 30 minutes to Hampton Downs. 1 hour to Auckland, 30 minutes to Hamilton. Not far to either coast, raglan or even the coromandel.

The bypass going through will kill Ngaruawahia but not Huntly. There's lots of industry there, easily enough to sustain everyone.

yeh i reckon huntly could be cool. its close enough that you could comute to a job in manukau/franklin and 30mins to hamilton is less than lots of aucklanders comute. be sweet if you had a motorbike

dude i worked with bought a couple houses down there about 8 years ago. it was his get rich quick scheme haha. gone up a fair bit i think.

also they still have deka? haha

deka.jpg?w=620

Don't do:

Bader (cheap and nasty)

Melville (cheaper and nastier)

Dinsdale (established 70's era with big sections 2nd double garage material)

5 cross roads (get burgled)

Fairfield

Claudelands

Riverlea

Silverdale

Fitzroy

Nawton

Maeroa

Deanwell

Glenview

Enderley

Do consider:

Pukete (live next to the mob)

Rototuna (legoland big house small section)

Huntington (legoland same)

Hillcrest (students) (get robbed constantly noise nonsense)

Hamilton East (students) (get robbed constantly as above)

maybe Forest Lake (not bad good prices)

Chartwell (get robbed constantly)

Queenwood (grumpy old neighbours don't sneeze)

Chedworth

Braithwaite Park

Saint Andrews (lol)

older established suburbs with working class folks like dinsdale and glenview would be my pick,

they have a bigger section size and don't have houses stacked on top of each other like legoland,

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/resid ... 624447.htm this place was owned by a lady that went to OZ its at the top end of the dinsdale market.

Western heights is another option,

All depends on your price bracket needs ad wats really.

older established suburbs with working class folks like dinsdale and glenview would be my pick,

they have a bigger section size and don't have houses stacked on top of each other like legoland,

Definitely this. Somewhere that has a yard and somewhere to park is the go.

All the new houses have a fence a meter away from the house, fuck all driveway space and a shit garage. The back yard is big enough to lie down in, but fuck all else. Not ideal for barrel fires etc.

If you don't mind commuting, try looking for something rural just out of Hamilton. Small towns like Horotiu, Ngaruawahia, Morrinsville, Ohaupo, Whatawhata.

I've lived in Horotiu for 14 years, just north of Hamilton off SH1, pretty sweet and not far from Hamilton. About 10 mins to The Base and Te Rapa, 20 mins Hamilton CBD.

Here's a house in Horotiu on just over 1000m with heaps of offstreet parking.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/residential/for-sale/auction-482975301.htm

^ woah that house is sick! Hamilton is on hold for now but all this information is very handy thank you all. II figured ill save up a bit more before i buy a house so i don't have so much debt so early on in life, will give me a bigger deposit and time to find a better job and train up a bit. before adult life sets in lol