R100s v6 EX lancer

KKtrips

welcome to my world.

is converting to rack an option? I mean youre already certing it..

Converting to rack not an option. I really dont like messing around with steering stuff. I also didnt want to take on another enless project as i have enough on my plate already.

At this stage ill just keep trying to sort a solution to the starter issue.

What other good gearboxes are there with removable bellhousings that are cheap and reasonable plentifull besides W and G series.

TBH, I dont think convertng to a rack would save you much, as the rack would occupy a large chunk of the same space the drag link currently does.

Thats not helpful for your current problem though...

Adapt the starter to mount in the cylinder valley, and convert the water pipes to out the front?

Can't think of a nice way to do it... Anything your going to have to do looks like it'll be a big/annoying job :(

I think the only way to do it is mount the starter the other way around like a rotary.

No room in the V. No where else to put it.

Steering rack would only work if it was mounted on the other side of the xmemner. This would mean replacing the front hubs with something suitable. Just opening up a big can of worms. Would rather put the effort into something else.

I shall not give up just yet.

i have a t5 on the tard at the mo,

gearing may not be suitable tho and they quite big really,

a box that runs a small diameter twin plate or similar clutch could be a go as you could drastically reduce the flywheel bellhousing size and tuck the starter up reverse mounted against your bell,

or run standard flwheel but small diameter (7"?) clutch and just cut out the bell where you want to tuck the starter