3t Carb into kp . how hard?

troyzakp60

what exactly needs to be done, what mods need to be made to put a 3t into a kp60? i know mounts will need to be changed. where can i get mounts to suite? in chch or just anywhere. how hard to convert to hydro clutch ? just wanting to know what needs to be done any help cheers

Do lots of reading on http://www.club-k.co.nz that should answer everything. As for mounts though, i'd say you'll have to get some made to suit your situation. How hard it will be will depend on how much homework you do, what you can do yourself and what your budget is. It will have all been done before, you just have to search for projects that match what you're doing and go from there.

|I've been in a standard 3T-C powered KE35 before and i'm pretty sure a clean running 4K would smoke it. I know those guys muck around with 3T's and get crazy power out of them, but only because they don't have anything better to put in like we do.

3Ts are costly, old, heavy and not too powerful. It's a lot of dicking around for not much gain.

Saying that, if you wanna do it, just do it! plenty of info on Club-K. You may even want to find ae25s thread on a 3tgte in a KE70 and see what he did as some information will be useful to you.

BUT finding a 5K isn't hard if you have money sitting around and can buy one when it pops up. Usually have one pop up every month or 2. a 4AGE wouldb e nice and simple with heaps of power too :) a complete kit sold a few weeks ago for all of $1300 or something. That was a complete K series conversion kit i believe.

I know so heavy! Haha. I Just want to keep the cost down and im about to pick up a mean deal off a mate. If i found a 5k i would be so much more down for that.

Have you priced up all the extra stuff you'll need to put a t series in compared to just bolting in a 5k? I'm guessing a 5k just bolts straight up? Keep same gearbox. Compared to new mounts for engine, gearbox, custom driveshaft (unless there is bolt in option), wiring up on sensors for water temp, tacho etc.

Just sounds like a shed load of hassle for no gain. Can you do it all yourself or?

If you can't afford to buy a 5k outright I just don't like your chances of finishing the 3t transplant.

yeah ive priced up most stuff and ive lost my license so me and mates have a lot of time to much around on it . if a decent 5k worth buying popped up i would Definitely be keen but the 3t ive got sorted has been rebuilt and comes with a gearbox new clutch and all that. and a pretty dam good price. the only expensive part about putting a 5k in would be actually buying it . but then depending on how it came. ive heard that if you just put a little work into a 3t it goes alright.ive got a webber sitting round too haha