What to do about inacessable rust?

oldrx

I took the back seats out of the mazda the other week to run a new fuel pump wire, and discovered a bit of surface rust which i'm cleaning up at the moment while doing that i saw there is a bit of surface rust inside the framing for the seat and other cunty areas that i would have to drill out the spot welds and practically take the car apart to get to.

Plus im sure up in the sills etc there must be a bit of surface rust. In a few years i want to repait so maybe i will acid dip, not sure but until then i want to stop any rust getting worse.

Has anyone found any good aerosol rust converters that are good for this kinda stuff?

Theres this but its not a rust converter just a fish oil type product

http://www.permanentpaintedcoatings.co. ... e_Oil.aspx

And this but you need to top coat it which isnt really practical either

http://www.spraystore.co.nz/brunox-rust ... -1424.html

Any ideas?

cut your way in weld your way out.

Seriously though, Dont use acid, you'll never get it out of the seams and it'll just rust them out, best bet is probably one on the rust converters mentioned above and then get as much of something to seal it up in the as possible, like an epoxy primer or a wax or something.

Also those "odourless" Fish oils will make you car smell like fish for atleast a couple of years. They arent that odourless, atleast it did with the one my mates used in his 4wd

Like you said you can only do so much without taking the car apart so just do your best. Its better than nothing

Its one of those things, without pulling shit apart you really cant do it properly, but usually that's a seemingly never ending process!

I'm still on the lookout for a decent product I can put down my body deadener gun and into the cars crevices that has some rust kill abilities and doesn't need a top coat, I figure its all i can unless the car was dipped (that's a whole other can of worms)

Its one of those things, without pulling shit apart you really cant do it properly, but usually that's a seemingly never ending process!

I'm still on the lookout for a decent product I can put down my body deadener gun and into the cars crevices that has some rust kill abilities and doesn't need a top coat, I figure its all i can unless the car was dipped (that's a whole other can of worms)

You just know that 10c coin sized bit of surface rust is going to turn into a month long goose chase all over the car. That shit has a way of crawling around under paint. I think in the end you either pull the entire fucker apart and risk never getting around/affording to put it back together again or leave it/spray some shit down there and convince yourself its going to be ok.

I'd spray some brunox on it, its pretty good shit and comes in a can or in a container for brushing on.

yeah brunox works pretty well, was recommended by my panelbeater

fish oil/lanolin oil every 6 months works pretty well, and the comment about drilling drain holes in strategic locations is a good one too.