Eunos Roadster of Initial D stance.

Furai

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno most 4AGES seem to last till 190km... But the 20B would be the most entertaining 3k ever.

So the head shop said it looked really good condition and it hasnt gone soft. Its great news!

993359_10201682354407512_1010901671_n.jp

Most of the MX5RNZ cars are 200,000km or more and they barely ever have issues. Freshen the head, slap it on and enjoy trouble free motoring. 

Was there a reason that it blew a gasket? We've seen a few dodgey radiators, waterpumps and thermostats in the last couple of years. 

Most of the MX5RNZ cars are 200,000km or more and they barely ever have issues. Freshen the head, slap it on and enjoy trouble free motoring. 

Was there a reason that it blew a gasket? We've seen a few dodgey radiators, waterpumps and thermostats in the last couple of years. 

What we think happened is the engine had been put through many heating and coolings at drift days which made the head gasket brittle, then on a coldish morning although the car was warm I hit 7000 in 3rd and it cracked between oil passage and coolant passage. Pretty minor really.

how do these take to an aggressive head skim, to bump up the compression a bit?

also,  4age's last  4-age's

Going by what the guy at the head shop said not very well. He is going to tidy up the head though and replace all the seals. Im not going to spend any more on this baby once certed as Im saving for an FC.

• Like 1

Going by what the guy at the head shop said not very well. He is going to tidy up the head though and replace all the seals. Im not going to spend any more on this baby once certed as Im saving for an FC.

1094951_552523604809867_122449047_n.jpg

So due to my own stupidity I lost my sump plug on the motorway as it wasnt tight enough, Im pretty angry at myself as the engine lost its oil and seized.Wont be recovering from this one anytime soon.

So I decide to stop being angry at myself and go asses the damage. Take off the rock cover and all looks beautiful even the oil sitting in the head. So I reassembly and decide if I combine a 1.5m long tube with my breaker bar Ill try turn it over, she just moves so I keep at it. Get the old guy over the road to give me a jump and she fires into life! TOUGH ROADSTER WILL NOT DIE

Engines still toast though.

I've had a sump plug fall out of an AE86 on a late night run once. We stopped when we realised what the rattle was. It didn't even damage the engine. 

Because: 

also,  4age's last  4-age's

You should be able to pick up a spare engine for fairly cheap though? They don't break that often, so whole engines in good cond can be easy to come by. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Soooo finally got her all fixed up.

Basically the engine wasnt worth fixing after the sump plug dropped out on the motorway and she seized. It sucks but the good new is the head is okay and I have a new more powerful engine.

So the engine I went for is an NB6C B6-ZE, I went for it as it would be easy to drop in, decent price, low Kms(60,000Kms), and it has solid lifters/higher lift cams which net an extra 10 odd PS.

So It all went in and the timing gears are different so I stuffed up the timing but finally figured it out and now its sorted and running beautifully.

So got everything tested and after a week went out to the first Drift day in a month!

1231615_10201946754297344_1266077627_n.j

Was my first time with the new engine and also drifting on the new Silk Roads with the 12/10K spring rate.

792305_505039832918504_1409937452_o.jpg

As you can see much less roll and much more control. As I hadnt drifted for some time and it was a new setup it took a bit to get used to and the suspension still needs some adjustment.

1146262_505039809585173_1588774979_o.jpg

And here is a little video, Had fun chasing everyone. Was just trying to take it easy and keep  temps down on tyres and motor. Might have to increase the rake a little as it wasnt quite turning in enough.

So Im happy she is going! I have a drift day every weekend this month so hopefully there will be some more videos and my driving should hopefully improve a bit as well as the cars setup!
  • Like 2

So had another drift day! Was a good one apart from throwing the waterpump belt >.< The NB pulley is damaged and has thrown the belt off twice so Ill be buying two new belts and putting the NA pulley of mine on. Other than that an awesome day!

Heres me and my mate in his Supra having a jam on the skidpan, My mate got way closer to me than I did him, watch the rearview mirror ! 

Also got to jam full track, was a good bit of fun but Im a little rusty and still getting used to the new suspension setup. Didnt get much time on track because of my belts.

And this afternoon I picked up some more wheels :D

Need more tyres for the next drift day this weekend but I have the day off tomorrow to get everything sorted!

1233963_10201986256604877_441644184_n.jp

So more to come, need tyres and wheel nuts! Its going to be a busy month!

• Like 2