Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys stop being dicks - Ling ling's second language is English.

He hasn't got some terminology right but unless you are a retard you know exactly what he means.

You're just being fucking bullies now and ganging up on him. If you have nothing helpful or constructive to say then leave him alone.

as far as I can tell, any distributor cap with cracks (or I guess holes) can cause arcking or tracking. This results in current not going where it should. Any damaged cap should be replaced. The guys suggested options with heat shields, these will help.

many , many lols, but yeah once you fit your new cap ( DONT TOUCH THE ADJUSTER BOLTS AT ALL) only the 2 cap screws. Fit a heat sheild and fingers crossed everything will be fixed.

PS only change 1 of the leads at a time, there will be a 1marked on the old and new caps as a reference. firing order is 1342

Thanks D1 mule.

Yehp ,I am Ok for the task, as I have taken all leads, plugs, and distributor Cap out for cleaning, and also fine tuned the timing with timing light again today.

As Long as I don't physically taking the distributor out, I should be fine.

Unfortunately, I have to wait till tuesday to receive the Cap. Supercheap had cheap ones but Not in their supplies stock, Repco had stock but they sell for Higher Price than Toyota Geniune which helped me to make a easy decision there.

So on tuesday, I will be testing the new Cap out, and use tin foil as the shield, hopefully everything should be fine. But Not driving it until I get a Proper heat shield installed, I perfer to get the Entire manifold Shield rather than just on the dizzy cap.

will Report back to you guys soon.

I actually can get all random heat shield from other wrecked cars for free as my mate is a wrecker.

was going to customerize design my own heat shield by cutting up some hard paper board see if they would fit.

then make the real stuff, because who cares if I screwed up some random metals.

But then I don't have cutting,bending and weilding tools tho.

New distributor is in, Tin Foil is in, Set the timing back to 8-10 degree, again short circuited the engine light while did that.

Forgot to take 8mm spanner out of the hood, and lost it while doing a flying lap around the block :( go for a walk tomorrow and look for it :(

Now, researching for customerized heat shield.

New distributor is in, Tin Foil is in, Set the timing back to 8-10 degree, again short circuited the engine light while did that.

Forgot to take 8mm spanner out of the hood, and lost it while doing a flying lap around the block :( go for a walk tomorrow and look for it :(

Now, researching for customerized heat shield.

Haha, 8mm and 10mm always go walk abouts. Wouldnt bother trying to find it on foot, unless you didnt go very far.

As for heat shielding, you could buy a sheet of this http://www.aclperformance.com.au/prod_heatshield.htm and use the rest on various exhaust parts. Its very easy to cut and bend, dont really need anything special to do it.

Yeahp, developed a good relationship with supercheap dudes next door. ACL used to supply Supercheap with that exact heat shield for 55 dollars for that 290mmx700mm sheet. But now they sell it for 80+ because it's a special order now.

errrh, don't want to pay that much money for a heat shield. maybe hunt somewhere else first.

I will get that sorted, no worries.

Now, I have some issues with Water Pump belt/timing belt nosie, It always had it since the last owner.

The timing belt is new, but not sure about the tensioners etc.

When I put the water pump in, I made sure I tighten the Pump Belt right,and It doesn't look worn.

So, any suggestions?