Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

Never had any problem with the block O-ring, unless its corroded then it sucks. Usually just clean it up with a wire wheel in the die grinder/drill then if it cleans up nicely use abit of O-ring lube and bang it in. If its a mess use some decent sealant and cross fingers it lasts

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had any problem with the block O-ring, unless its corroded then it sucks. Usually just clean it up with a wire wheel in the die grinder/drill then if it cleans up nicely use abit of O-ring lube and bang it in. If its a mess use some decent sealant and cross fingers it lasts

I was too lazy to write this. Agree with you 100%. If the groove has shit in it then you cant expect the o-ring to seal.

I like to put some sealant on both sides of the paper gasket before putting it in too (the one between the two pump halves). Helps to take up any larger irregularities on the mating surfaces. If both halves of the pump are brand new then you can skip this step.

Andy, what did you end up getting from Toytoa and what did you pay out of curiosity?

Entire Pump(front and rear plate) with all gasket(including thermostate gasket) $95, thermostate $20, two radiator hoses $52, so all up + shipping $9- 10 dollars. great great deal from Mark at toyspeed.

Will check the O ring grove etc, may buy some sealant just in case I need it.

Also, I am a such idiot ( why does this always Happen to me)..

Last time I took the interior out to check the rust, I scratched my tail light.

Now I have used Maguair Plastic Polisher kit, couldn't fix it. Luckly my Supercheap Bro willing to refund it and I told Him I am getting the most expensive repair kit (Turtle wax) $48 which will come with sand paper in the kit, if that doesn't work I will keep the kit still.

Anyone have experince with fixing scratches on tail lights?

How did you scratch a tail light taking interior out? I usually scratch other pieces of the interior not parts on the outside of the car.

took the lights out as well, then placed the lense side down ( fail).

on what? spinning diamond tipped saws?

How did you scratch a tail light taking interior out? I usually scratch other pieces of the interior not parts on the outside of the car.

took the lights out as well, then placed the lense side down ( fail).

on what? spinning diamond tipped saws?

on some interior bits I took out (fail)

Light scratches can't notice if you do see it close, but still need to tidy it up otherwise 1000 dollars a pair if I can find them. fuck!