rb drifter's 1985 mitsi sigma wagon

rb drifter

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha i was hoping he didnt relist so i could get it before anyone else, he reckons there were quite a few interested but i was first in.

its not as mint as you think bro, i had a real good look over the car it has a slight oil leak and couple litle bits off rust around, been keyed on driver side and dent on l/r wheel arch. but still it got wof and rego and drives nice so cant complian.

interior is real mint which i like

wouldnt mind pinching your roof racks and towbar haha

• 2 weeks later...

fancy that, is the interior/body panels worth much of this car? just wondering if it is gunna be worth much to part it out.

other option could be get rust fixed for box of brews then sell for max profit with new wof and rego.

and profit could fund making my sigma awesome one day.... i hope

Im not a big starion fan but i like the engines there are a few starions ino of around methven going cheap. if you were down here youd get one cheap as chips. when i lower the sigma il post some pics having problems with imageshack at the moment. ive got some 60mm shortened struts and lowering springs for the front of mine the wheels should sit under the guards. got some dtm diesels off the mrs car i might put on it. not sure about the rear yet. i found those vr4 bits. il do you a deal on them i dont sell parts for a high price id rather see them going to someone that will use them and have some fun at the same time. im known to give parts to people for free

ive got dobi lowering springs in the rear of mine from a rwd 323 wagon but they dont quite seat in properly the id of spring is a litle smaller. and it sits only just off the bumpstops.

yea sweet ill be keen on those vr4 parts mite have to wait till late jan/early feb to get them as ill be moving house then. ive got heaps of sedan tail lights/head lights/front gaurds etc if your keen on any of that i just need to get rid of them to make space.

oh yeah after i lowered the rear the car vibrates alot when driving and really gets anoying. would this be baceause the driveshaft is a 2 piece one? if so does anyone have a 1 piece driveshaft?

i do have a spare 2 piece driveshaft i might try to see if it solve the problem but wont be holding my breath.

Yep, driveshaft is the issue.

Had this in my VP Commodore after I lowered it. Vibration was wicked. Had the driveshaft fully rebuilt by a crowd in East Tamaki. Cost me $700.

The hanger bearing may be to blame. I switched my driveshaft for a 1 piece but not because it was vibrating. More because I hate 2 piece shafts.