failed wof on ball joints

dave123456789

hey guys i failed my wof in the prince on both front upper ball joints having play and one lower ball joint with too much play. how can i maori this up so it passes or who do i send these off to to get some made/matched up as they are prince items which i doubt i can get new.

cheers.

HBI engineering in Christchurch will rebuild them (i got one done a coupe of years ago, was $60ish if I remember correctly). most likely places at other parts of the country as well.

another option is do drill and tap a hole and put a grease nipple in, then pack them up with grease. will firm them up a bit.

HBI engineering in Christchurch will rebuild them (i got one done a coupe of years ago, was $60ish if I remember correctly). most likely places at other parts of the country as well.

another option is do drill and tap a hole and put a grease nipple in, then pack them up with grease. will firm them up a bit.

Already has a grease nipple and I greased it all before I took it for a wof so that ideas out. $60 to rebuild seems fair. Will hunt for an auckland branch

Watch out with some of the places that "rebuild" ball joints - they inject a thick plastic into them and although they feel good when first installed it doesn't take long till they fuck out - Cletus may even mention the legalities of this.. I'm not sure.

Autolign seem keen to try match them up but to recon them they send to chch so im guessing its the same crowd you suggested before.

Now time to try remove them..

Is two years a decent amount of life?? Im sure the ones on my car are ancient as hell and have only just been picked up in a wof check this morning.

Even if shaft was the same, then there is bolt spacing, number of holds etc

there arnt to many ball joints that happen to just be the same

And even worse, if you ever went to a store and asked, all they would say is 'have a look and see'

So all of a sudden you are lokking at a 10 meter wall filled with boxes of ball joints and not as fucken clue which is for what etc

been there and done that, Fuck doing that again.!

It would be nice if every parts store had a book with all the desing specs of a ball joint, bolt spacing, tapers etc! however..... That is never ever the case!\

Do a google search, see if you can find any sort of part number.

If so, search the net again, import is you have to.

I had to import ball joints for an MS-55 crown from OZ

Yea i wish there was a Prince dealership but thats a no go :(

Also on yahoo japan how on earth do I search for ball joints for a prince gloria?

I have enquired with that datsun spares site so will hopefully hear back soon. Internet search doesnt bring up part numbers for anything Prince, seems everyone only cares about skylines :(

Do HPI or Bricon fix them the shit way or do it properly? Cause at the moment if Autolign cant match them HPI sounds like the go for $60 a pop.

And on another note driving six up out of my drive ripped my exhaust off last night so another thing to fix.. grrr

Datsun spares reply..

Good Day

At this time we are no longer able to get the part you have listed from or

suppliers.

The parts listed on the website with a price are in stock at this time.

I also don't sell used or aftermarket parts.

If by chance you find a wholesale source for some new ones I'd be very

interested. We are always looking for new DATSUN parts.

Cordially, Carl at http://www.new-datsun-parts.com

lame balls. Very fast reply though.