Low in front, jacked in back cert question.

Ridal

I couldn't find the cert thread. I'm wondering if it is legal to have your front real low and the back standard height?

Maybe something like this:

IMG_4908-1.jpg

(exactly like that)

I'll be having a yarn with the certifier soon but was just wanting a heads up or ideas of how to jump a loop hole.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find the cert thread.

It's in "Tech Talk" here

More specifically, here.

As far as the question goes, I don't think you should have too much difficulty in achieving legality like that especially if its a live-axle with no camber or toe. Obviously it would be best to ask a certifier directly, as they might see issues others can't or alternatively, chuck up a question in that thread above and hopefully clint will see it some time soon.

/just slam it

Headlights are gonna be way out of wack too. Had a couple of my cars like this at different points (fuck knows why) and they sucked to drive tbh.

6200_110329344788_757194788_2983111_6591297_n.jpg

3845457153a6395863768l0.jpg

Lol.

Anyway explain to us the use of this loophole?

I know of no such loophole. Was just presuming it may be illegal but there may be some way to get around it. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the responses everyone. It's really helpful. When I had it like this I got pink stickered and the cop told me it had to be level but he really didn't know and just thought it was ridiculous. I didn't adjust the headlights so not sure if they will adjust far enough but high beam seamed to be about normal reach to non-wedge low beam. Seeing out the back isn't a problem and steering wasn't bad at all but I didn't think of the castor change. Could move the strut tops back if I have to. I searched for the 'cert' thread but forgot the 's'. Can it be moved? I think it will be best to just talk to certifier man. No one likes the wedge? Maybe you'll come around when it's done. I've been undecided myself but came to the decision that the Corona will be low at both ends. When I was in the wedge the day I lowered it some guy asked me to "bag it up bro". Also if I ever sold it I could legitimately use the "gets heapz ov luks yung an 0ld" line, but I don't say that they look in disgust/confusion. I think I'll even start a pole.

The Japanese fire van is epic for sure. Not epic if you try to replicate it and even worse without the IRS conversion. It's like a replica Michael Jackson doing the 'This Is It' tour. Hah that's an interesting thought. The back will be relatively cheap to lower as you most probably know. I'll keep it in mind though. Keep the opinions coming in. Maybe post in the poll thread though if mods don't like off topic?

I wish I could see what cars the people who voted own. Obviously this forum caters to a huge variety of cars and individual taste and I'm not expecting many people to go against the grain. Some have and I'm probably bias towards the wedge. Of the 60 odd votes, at a guess 20 maybe more would own old modified japanese rides, half of them voted yea, that plus my bias equals an overall 'make it so' this far. Still open to persuasion and this is all presuming it is legal. I take no offence and am enjoying the comments. Just to be clear, the wedge would not be chosen on handling merits.