Crank angle sensors

EURON8

Ok, so im looking for a 3sge crank angle sensor to combine with my 18rg one

Went to pick apart, first car in door was a 3sge celica.

It had leads going to it though.

I want one like on a 13b-t. no leads coming off it.

Far right of pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/ ... Wolf3D.jpg

Found a 3sfe that had 4 coils and no obvious dizzy of sorts.

Where do they get there igntion trigger signal from?

^yup but I think chris means where is the pickup. its on crank pulley on 3sfe's. late model 4agze has what your after I think

IMG_0329.jpg

like that?

ya something like that.

Want to get rid of dizzy leads as they to close to chassis rail for my liking and when i go aftermarket ecu i want the ignition controllable through ecu. ecu on 18rg is fuel only

What ECU are you going to run? If I was going to modify something to fit I probably wouldn't bother with any of the toyota VR stuff especially with a Megasquirt much easier to go optical

Also how are you going to rangi a GZE one on there anyway? would need the drive gear and alloy housing modified. A simple crank wheel setup (which you can buy cheap) tack welded to the crank pulley with a simple bracket for a sensor would be easier

What ECU are you going to run? If I was going to modify something to fit I probably wouldn't bother with any of the toyota VR stuff especially with a Megasquirt much easier to go optical

Also how are you going to rangi a GZE one on there anyway? would need the drive gear and alloy housing modified. A simple crank wheel setup (which you can buy cheap) tack welded to the crank pulley with a simple bracket for a sensor would be easier

Have since gone and flicked through fast135s eterna thread and am think that might be the go instead.

Will prob be running old meagasquirt that slacker has.

i remember my trigger wheel was about $100 bucks! But I needed it in a hurry.

but if you have access, you could get one laser cut for alot cheaper.

and i wish i put speed holes in mine. the blank face on mine looks a little boring.

early Vr4 (and possibly similar era Galant, no doubt phil will confirm) are pretty popular, my mate had one grafted onto a pinto dizzy shaft. seemed to work a treat.

Also Agreed with Spencer as there is off the shelf trigger wheels available for the likes of old a series mini's...(remember this from when I dreamt of efi'ing my mini)

crank wheel has alot higher chance of being hit/damaged as its on the outside of the engine though

and the crank wheel kits are pretty damn expensive, $30 for the edis and wheel is a real bargain

Not saying they both dont have their good and bad points but I dont really see the problem with using a dizzy arrangement for the signal as long as you can graft an existing unit to suit

Well the site I got my gear from is long gone

http://www.boostengineering.net/product_p/trigwheel.htm

http://www.boostengineering.net/product_p/vrsens.htm

But these guys have sensor and wheel for $40, sucks the EDIS setup isn't common in cars here or it would be pick-a-part prices for them. I used the EDIS as an example but there are shit loads of options, could probably laser cut one for $30 and get a junk yard sensor, I dont see cost as a issue. It can easily be made to be safe from damage

The cam sensor option is still sweet but I dont know of any bolt in options? It could be as easy as making a cap for the dizzy, gutting the advance gear and using what ever pickup it has to do the job. It possibly has some form of 1/2 post VR sensor? would need some mods to work

Actually you can get the complete EDIS kit for $99 from that site which is a bargain! these are real simple to setup with a MS of any era.