Mitch.W

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and ill just leave these here.

E30 Vs. GT-R

Cheers for that. Made my morning. Loved those days of racing and especially loved watching an old N/A BMW fight it out with a brand new Nissan with twice the power. Te E30 is the most successful touring car of all time for good reason.

The thing with E30's and any BMW for that mater is unless its a proper M car, M325i, M535i or a full on M3 M5 they are quite soft, the differences between a M325i and a 325i to drive is huge,to translate into old Japa speak its comparing a AE86 to a stock KE70, same chassis but one is a sports car tuned for fun and one is bread and butter model designed for old people and both drive completely different. A M325i/M535i gains a whole host of parts no other model gets, beefy sway bars, shocks and springs, LSD, these add up and transform them.

The thing with E30's and any BMW for that mater is unless its a proper M car, M325i, M535i or a full on M3 M5 they are quite soft, the differences between a M325i and a 325i to drive is huge,to translate into old Japa speak its comparing a AE86 to a stock KE70, same chassis but one is a sports car tuned for fun and one is bread and butter model designed for old people and both drive completely different. A M325i/M535i gains a whole host of parts no other model gets, beefy sway bars, shocks and springs, LSD, these add up and transform them.

Anal retentive time.

So called M325i ect are only optioned std cars.

The only 'proper M' cars are the M3/5 ect.

The E28 M535i is the only exception I believe.

For daily driver E30 sweetness, throw a 2.8 from an E36 into a prefacelift E30 with LSD and E30 race series suspension.

Skids. (on private roads obviously).

Good call and a good formula. Although I prefer face lift

Haha BMW and BMW NZ didn’t make it easy to distinguish what was what and made it further confusing when they started throwing M badges around the factory like shuriken starts in the late nineties and these days the non enthusiast has every right to be confused what’s good and what’s not. And most are not. I was just trying to simplify.

The M325i (325i Sport in Europe) and M535i were stand alone factory delivered models, granted not built by BMW M division and not proper M cars but still a dealer delivered car packaged with all the good stuff.

The M325i is a coupe only and has all the stuff you want, the M535i is its big brother and perfect if you have more stuff/Children.

So if you buy a M325i, 318Is or M3 you are safe, there are plenty of hybrids out there though running all sorts of parts bin.

M325i F/L

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 354629.htm

M325i PF/L

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 223544.htm

There's a white E30 M325i that kicks about down here that I would love to own, it used to be owned by someone who kept it immaculate, it's since shifted on to someone who seems to care a lot less. Which is a great shame as in white it looks amazing.

I pine for that little 318iS on trademe. I never knew they existed before - had heard of 'iS' before but thought they were a higher spec 2 litre 6 for some reason. I was wondering how they would compare to a 190E Cosworth twincam.

a mate thats family happens to own a large car dealership empire in hams,

took me for a ride in a e30 m3 (the proper one),

i have to say it was fucken impressive/scary to say the least,

to this day i have never been in a car that would compression lock on a downshift and pull so hard

on any hint of throttle.

I then drove a 325i manual which was very similar to a falcon ute thats been slapped onto modgies and eagers,

it felt heavy and really solid on the road and it pulled pretty damn hard but by god it was nothing on the m3

I then drove a 325i manual which was very similar to a falcon ute thats been slapped onto modgies and eagers,

it felt heavy and really solid on the road and it pulled pretty damn hard but by god it was nothing on the m3

The M325i is somewhere in between the two leaning closer to the M3. A stock 325i is not that heavy to drive, heaver in feel than a Japper for sure but that's not a bad thing IMHO, especially when driving further than six meters.

The M325i is somewhere in between the two leaning closer to the M3. A stock 325i is not that heavy to drive, heaver in feel than a Japper for sure but that's not a bad thing IMHO, especially when driving further than six meters.

wat