d.p.n.s's zephyer discussion

Beaver

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if i had more time mate i would have had it done by now but with 2 girls under the age of 2 i have a few hours every sunday and thats about it.

oh and they have all my money aswell.lol

lol,i feel your pain money wise,ive just got a purebred american staffy named Munta,so as a result i have less to spend on the toys.but money is no make up for the amount of pride etc of watching a child or puppy grow up ae :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Dan. I like your Falcon 6 Idea. I wish Valiant sixes had carried on the same. Personaly I would avoid the XF motors and the early OHC ones too.

Look for an EB to Au motor. The multi point ones are the best bet. They had a much better auto than the XF-EA1 Falcons too.

Also The Hilux diff is a good idea, will you be able to get a ratio low enough though? I think the lowest Toyota do is 3.7 to 1?

I don't think Ford ever went over 3.45 to 1 with 16/17 inch wheels.

Hi Dan. I like your Falcon 6 Idea. I wish Valiant sixes had carried on the same. Personaly I would avoid the XF motors and the early OHC ones too.

Look for an EB to Au motor. The multi point ones are the best bet. They had a much better auto than the XF-EA1 Falcons too.

Also The Hilux diff is a good idea, will you be able to get a ratio low enough though? I think the lowest Toyota do is 3.7 to 1?

I don't think Ford ever went over 3.45 to 1 with 16/17 inch wheels.

thanks for the tip mate.

i done some more looking in to it and the poeple that used the 4.1 had some issues with the motor not lasting atall

and it would seem the the ba was the most trust worthy.

with even just a decomp plate and bigger injectors are getting up to 10lb of bosst and making up to 230rwkw on a standard motor anu un modifyed tranny.

so im just going to look for a complete if even fucked ba and use the drive line out of it.

dan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...