Headlight adjustment

lou

I had a bit of a search but didnt find what I was specificaly after.

Need to adjust my headlights for a WOF, what distance do I make up from the wall and how far back do I park?

Also, is there anthing else I need to worry about?

Cheers.

just park in front of a wall, like 2m back and see if they are both at the same level, if they are different then adjust one to match the other and then if they still fail then ask if they are too high or too low

Will give this a go. Was after a more concise method though as I dont want to have to piss about a second time.

I supose I could always just do that, take it in and if it fails then just tell them to stop being a bunch of cocks and just fix it.

The way I always set them up is to stand right in front of them with your leg in the low beam - measure the height of the beam on your leg then walk away about 2-3 metres and check the aim is about the same - its enough to get you in coo-eee.

Then as Whymax/J5 says - take it for a recheck and if they arn't going to do the fine adjustment then start punching people in the dickhole - it takes max 2 minutes for both headlights.

Then as Whymax/J5 says - take it for a recheck and if they arn't going to do the fine adjustment then start punching people in the dickhole - it takes max 2 minutes for both headlights.

Considering they check it on a garage door I would think it wouldnt even take that.

i just take it back to them and say how am i spose to set the headlight you guys have the machine to test it and they usually grab a screwdriver and adjust it for ya then off i go home :) i have set mine my self but to lazy to mess round with them when it comes to wof

• 3 weeks later...
tell cecil that you'll have it fixed before the next wof :)

all u rotorua peeps know what im talking about..

is that the dude by plumbing world??

man that guy gave awesome wofs/ owns 90% of the morris population of new zealand