Royce R32 with a difference

Rollz Royce

My mate buttery has a SR20DET C33, man that thing is wicked fun to slide, handles better then my trueno. Makes me sad.

Agreed re sr20. My mate built the sr20det powered laurel that was on the front of nzpc mag afew years back, thing was fucking insane!! :shock: I personally wouldnt bother with an rb after going in it

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewl.

With an RB? So.. the 20? 24? 25? 26? 30? SOHC? DOHC? NA? Turbo? Any at all?

Sorry perhaps i should have been more clear, I personally wouldnt bother going with and RB20DET after going in the SR20DET Laurel.

Whats an rb24? a stroked rb20?

Yeah, 26 crank in a 20 IIRC.

I can see where you're coming from with the ol' RB20DET, but there's a lot more variations to choose from. Personally prefer a 6 but for no real reason. Definitely wouldn't turn down an SR20DET powered 32.

Needs moar L31STT though.

One thing Ive always thought about doing is trying a RD28 Diesel block with a RB25 head?? Its done with the L series stuff so I wonder if the R series stuff would bolt on. Be an interesting combo if it worked. I wonder if it would be in between an RB30 and a 25. Would it rev more then a 30 or torque being a diesel block? Am I way off? Is anyone even listening to me?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/330002-allout-r33-skyline/

I don't believe the RD and RB share a fuck of a lot at all or at least not to the same degree as the L. I think there's all manner of gallery differences, etc. Easy enough to check by comparing a couple of head gaskets though.

One thing Ive always thought about doing is trying a RD28 Diesel block with a RB25 head?? Its done with the L series stuff so I wonder if the R series stuff would bolt on. Be an interesting combo if it worked. I wonder if it would be in between an RB30 and a 25. Would it rev more then a 30 or torque being a diesel block? Am I way off? Is anyone even listening to me?

Would it not have super high compression being diesel, and therefore bend valves etc? and also different stoke and valve timing? (or am way off aswell)

that guy cam vernon in d1 rookie runs a rb29 custom mix made by e+h, so there must be some interesting combos able to be done to get a good balanced mix of torque+revs for the RB's....

i'd fully rock a r32/33 with a sr20DE+T, fuck sr20DET motors are boring to drive, need more compression to make usable power

so royce is it a 30e motor or going twin-cam?

• 3 weeks later...