4AG_Addict

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes silvertop throttle bodies.

Flange, now sure, you can have the drawing for free and you can find your own laser cutter/profile cutter.

I can get them from stainless they are $10, steel, $45 and no idea on aluminium

Im going to try and sort a wood prototype soon/next week

• 2 months later...
Looks like fun, nice wheels too with the flippage going on. Also I see you have a fuck load more adjustment left on the coils ;) do it

Will do when i makita one way the rear springs. But need to sus diff, and want to go do more skids. Working my weekends atm so going to be a bit tight for time before the 9th. Heres hoping though.

Go pics of your s12 yet?

Yeah got a couple last night, I'll start a build fred when I get home, will be super slow though :(

Where'd you get your wheels from? Imported or from nz?

West west auckland yo.

Heaps of good wheels here now. And people are bringing them over by the container load atm. I know a guy who just landed an ae86 and he has 6 pairs to sell in the car, and another dude bringing over another 86 who will also have several pairs to sell.

NZ is becoming the JDM mecha. All we need now is ebisu circuit and my dream life will be complete

• 2 months later...

I thought i had silvertop throttles, but on closer inspection (trying to bold them onto a silvertop cold airbox i had from a whole engine i purchased and parted out for $30) i seem to have blacktop thottles!

Ecu will be microsquirt. KPR is guiding his hand down my trousers and showing me bits and bobs needed to get those cams to run happily. Involves binning the MAP sensor, running Alpha-N tune and lots and lots of road tuning.

Progress list will be

Finish Fab inlet

Fab header collector (as mine is chopped up)

Set head and cam Timing (could take me some time while i learn how not to make valves touch pistons)

Wire in ECU and wideband

Refit all parts

Diagnose ECU/sensors

Throw in rough tune

Turn key and see

Weld up exhaust when car idles

Havent planned this far??

Skids

Warrant?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...