DJZ's 280ZX of Zilla-ness

OSM Garage

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious! Which C110 is it then? The sedan?

Aaron is a CHC chap, used to own the blue H330 sedan that was selling on TM again a little while ago as "VIPDAT" or something tardy. Has a pillarless 330 Gloria, 330 Wags and my mates old 240KGT. His plan was RB as well.

Nah, it's a 240K, is that a GC110? He's had it for a few years, it's silver. He bought a greeny blue parts car as well but that was stripped and taken away not long ago.

It'll be a long time before anything happens with it, he has a lot of projects.

Martijn aye?

Yeh Aaron got the collection of 330 260s and also the 110 coupe which he has rb plans for.

Then there Shaun who has the c110 sedan here in chch too which was on the nzdatsun akaroa cruise.

Im looking forward to seeing your prgress on this engine Daniel. Should be alot of fun in your ZX

Hardtop?

Good to hear of more around. I'm a bit gutted the parts car was taken away, it probably had steel I could have used hahaaha... sad but true.

The G in GC110 is for the Long-Wheelbase ie. 6cylinder. A 240K (be it GL or GT) will either be an HGC110 (L24 powered sedan) or KHGC110 (L24 powered hardtop) I'm keen to see/hear more about it, even if it takes forever. Hell, I've had mine since '03.

Yeah, it's a hard top, the parts car was as well. The parts car probably would have been quite saveable to somebody with the time and patience.

Next time I'm round at his place I'll try and get some photos of it. He already has the RB25 to go in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can weld nuts to the underside of it when I have it if you like? Might end up cracking later on though unless you can find some stainless nuts...

Turbo looks pretty damn big spiffy :).

PS: Please put a link to your discussion thread in your signature, its a pain to find it every time ;)

• 1 month later...

Got the mounts and sump off this:

134598493_full.jpg

Might not actually need the mounts from it, I've heard that R31 mounts might fit better, have to wait to get the motor back before I can actually see if the mounts work, the gearbox fits in the tunnel and if the turbo/manifold will clear the strut tower.

Hey, yeah sorry man, been flat out at work - I hardly ever get to leave the shop these days. I need to get the wheels over to you sometime as the wheels on my Skyline are borrowed and the guy wants them back soon.