Hops 1984 Isuzu piazza- complete with fluffy cat

yoeddynz

I like the cat- what a cool accessory.

Don't leave car parked unattended on side of the road- the chevette/gem boys will have your axle and front brakes.

There is a mint one in picton- the old lady who owns it has had it since new and wont part with it. They win the prize I think for most amount of switches and gadgets around the steering wheel?

Cheers for putting up discussion!

The cat! Buster is his name, weighs in at 12kg!

The dash is cool! Very space age feel to it will put a pic up in the proj

Currently looking for springs/shocks to lower.

Also looking for a 4ZE1 as the one I have is very bare.

How are you going to power the 4ZE1? The G200z computer wont do it. A Gemini twin downdraft inlet manifold will bolt onto the 4ZE1 head if you wanna use twin 48s.

I've been waiting for someone to do up a Piazza properly...

If you can get it looking anything like this s12

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/08 ... -ae86.aspx

I will be very very happy.

Great base to start with!

Plan was to just use the carb from 4z which I have here atm.

Twin 48's with gem manifold sounds even better tho! Definatly a possibilty later on.

I have been keeping my eyes peeled for 4x110 wheels, seems they are few and far between. I think the rest will flow once theyve been sused

Missed out on a set like this a while ago! They would have done the trick

advan%20racing%20dish.jpg

12KG! bloody hell. is it a maine coon? - we had them in the UK and they grow huge. (all a bit off topic but...)

at 12kg its definately some kind of coon...damn thats huge!!!

also nice slice of PIaZZA...

ive always had a soft spot for these...dont do the body styling like the aussies do,please dont...

stock body,nice rims and slight slam....

I want those instrument binnacles. =|

Nice paint job / colour scheme too.

There's a Piazza that features a few times in this crummy grade video from the track day we held in 2007: http://picasaweb.google.com/oldschool.co.nz/OldschoolTrackday207VIDEOS#5140805784376076578

He had old hard tires on that were soo noisy..

This one is NA. I did search for the 4ZC1-T but they are nowhere to be found which is unfortunate.

Cheers for fixing me up with the Stud pattern. I had it ingrained in my mind it was 4x110! Could have been embarrassing!

Id be keen to see the other one I did do a search but all that came up was the chevette with the 4zc1 in it. Very cool!

Has anyone got any experience with the suspension on these? Very similar to gemini a?

Id be keen to see the other one I did do a search but all that came up was the chevette with the 4zc1 in it.

Looks like it was owned by Mikuni? Here's a thread from when it got stolen:

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13302&hilit=piazza

Can't find a project thread for it though.

Has anyone got any experience with the suspension on these? Very similar to gemini a?

Similar, but not the same. Lower suspension arms are different, things like that. A lot of parts are interchangeble between the two cars though.

I just cut the springs in my one. The fronts are very hard to get out, you need to jack the whole front end up and remove the sway bay. It needs to be very high so the lower arms can drop right down, but even then there is quite a bit of preload on the springs, so be very careful removing the springs - they might come out with a bit of force!

Good thing about the double wishbone front is that even a very small spring will remain captive, so cut springs or small springs from another car will be warrantable. Torana lowering springs fit in Chevettes and lower them very nicely, so perhaps you could try those?

Rears are easy, just need shorter shocks to keep them captive.