RXSUMO's Mustang - Do it!!!

anglia4

please install some http://www.turbomustangs.com/

also take the stupid white lines off the tyres and paint the tridents black maybe?

Yeah it's not going to be the best handling car but could be plenty of fun, they are not too heavy and have 1 million aftermarket support for engine upgrades turbo or not.

are they leafs or a 4 link in the rear? also do they have the 8.8" diff? those are pretty much as strong as the 9" anyways.

yeah they have heaps of upgrades for them.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_90&products_id=480

That panhard bar is meant to be the most effective suspension upgrade you can make. They have a four link rear but the upper arms are tapered inwards quite a bit, the idea is that rather than having a watts or a panhard, the upper arms pointed inwards is meant to take the side to side movement as well as forward to back, the reality is that they do a fairly shit job of both.

Chuck in the panhard and they are meant to be much more stable near the limit in cornering. I always wanted to get one for mine, and yet still might do for the mach 1 as it has the same gear.

They are an 8.8" LSD yeah

Actually the rego gets better than that :?

It was originally registered as MR302, which is a '82 Mustang that was first rego'd in NZ in '86, and the rego died in November '88.

However it was registered with a 11 digit VIN number that starts DF......, however since '81 Ford adapted a 17 digit VIN number that should start 1FA...... . Somebody has riveted a new VIN plate with the DF number in the correct "under the windscreen" position, and removed all other traces of VIN data from the car....so the door sticker has been modified, and the build plate on the radiator support panel has also gone....

What gets more interesting is that there was a reciept in the car from April '88 from a Goodyear Tire shop in Lancaster California for fitting a new set of rearshocks to a red '82 Mustang....and funny enough the car has newish looking rear shocks and the mileage is about right. So the car travel from the US in '86 only to return in '88, and somehow morph itself back to NZ....I dont think so!

The people I brought the car off had only owned it for 12 months, and the Police have no interest in it......so I suspect 20 or so years ago I suspect the car was stolen or written off in California.

• 1 month later...

Seat won't be for sale.....sorry

It a Kirkey that was designed for IMSA application rather than Speedway.

Its one race seat that actually fits me....I brought it from Cardwells a few years back for my RX7....they had it on a half price special...so instead of $1500 + GST....it was around $750, which was cheaper than having the RaceTech custom build a fiberglass one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...