Intake plenums etc.

EURON8

Vehicle and engine in question is 1982 hiace with 1GGEU

Cletus told me i am best not to cut one of my engine bay covers as seatbelts and some seat bolts mount to it.

The problem is the intake sticks up . See pic. Red arrow indicates rough place where it hits. Dont think its the same manifold but not really important

1g_g.jpg

Ideally ITbs would be sweet but thats an expense i cant really afford at the initial build stage.

Question: Can i notch it for clearence without major performance issues.

Building a new one seems like to much hassle would need someone to make it.

Any ideas etc?

wont have much effect, unless you have to hack alot out, or start blocking airflow to any of the runners

get out the angle grinder

Sweet ill try find a spare one and cut it to fit and seek your opinion once more.

ANybody got a spare 1ggeu intake?

Thats not the cold start injector?

Na, i think that manifold is a little diff to mine. where it hits theres nothing but manifold wall.

Will get pic this week of exact intake and where it hits.

The deepest part the notch will only need to be about 20 mm maybe.

And the notch will be in the top outside corner pretty much where arrow pointing.

Does it hit in one small place or the whole length of the plenum?

If its one little spot just cut out that circle in the place it hits the seat or what ever it is.

But in saying that, once you get pictures up it may give us a better idea on how dangerous that would be.

Just one little bit near a horizontal engine cover sits.

Will get pics tomorrow.

Also just remembered it might not be that simple as i think it takes up some space where the seat needs to sit so may need it made lower and throttle body put n the front.

Alright, hold fire till i get pics and confirm what needs to be done.

Thanks fullas

You ass.

He pretty much was told by the certifier not to modify the cover since the seatbelt mounts there.

I would just have someone handy with a tig and a grinder sort the manifold. If you look inside a factory toyota manifold there's all sorts of bumps and shit from needing material for all the bolts to go into.

One extra isn't going to hurt reliability, you may hurt forced's feelings though :lol:

You ass.

He pretty much was told by the certifier not to modify the cover since the seatbelt mounts there.

I would just have someone handy with a tig and a grinder sort the manifold. If you look inside a factory toyota manifold there's all sorts of bumps and shit from needing material for all the bolts to go into.

One extra isn't going to hurt reliability, you may hurt forced's feelings though :lol:

calm down, fuck its just the internet

Ok, finally got pics.

I dont think i can cut this much out. whay you guys think?

This is the initial notch i needed,

12042010041.jpg

(Also, what is the thing bolted to manifold thats blocking the 'OTA' of TOYOTA in this pic?)

But i also need to take this piece out so i dont have to cut this panel aswell, as its where the passenger seat sits.

The panel needs to slide to the right to meet up with angle piece

12042010045.jpg

12042010046.jpg