shavenYak's '76 Toyota Hiace

shavenYak

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job of the pinstriping Oskar! Is that your 1st time trying it? Came up pretty good at any rate and the visor looks mean! How'd you attach it in the end? Pop rivets or bracket?

haha thanks mate! Yeah I was pretty happy with it since it was a 10 minute paint pen job. Will definately re-do it properly once I get new paint.

Yeah the visor looks awesome! I just used the existing bracket and screwed it straight into the panel seam. Was really only intending it to be temporary for the nats cause I had to stretch it a bit to go on, but It's pretty sweet the way it is so will probably leave it like that. I'll get some better shots of it soon.

Got some tires on those 12 slots as well! Haven't had time to fit them as the vans in my parents lock up at the moment, but I'll get on it this weekend.

• 2 months later...

HI, by the way my name is Ogie and I am from the Philippines. I am the owner of the black and white RH 11 (HIACE )here in Manila. I admire how you manage to rebuild the problems you have encountered on this precious van! I would just like to ask have you already customized the front suspension/ brake system to be a disc type ( as shown in one of your photos w a salveaged front suspension) ? How was it? and have any updated pics? Btw, if you happen to need any parts that you may find hard to look for there, Please feel free to ask me, I can get some here in Manila. Thanks and Good day!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Gives me motorvantion for mine

The windscreen washer bottle thing is great!

I would probably have never thought of it and just cried instead.

yeah I was almost at that point, but my dad's tips saved the day. - was a real "use the force, luke" moment. :D

Dude, just read this post on your project and lol'd so hard. Sheer brilliance. I will keep that idea stored away for when it happens to me.

Was incredibly sketchy - especially a couple times when the bottle came loose and was pissing petrol all over the hot exhaust manifold. :shock:

Love it.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...