newbie's Subaru Coupe

kyteler

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

There are quite a few areas around the car that need a bit of work to get them looking mint.

For starters, the rust around the rear window will need to be addressed quite soon. it's been half-assedly repaired in the past and rusty water squirts out if you press on the bubbles :shock: Like popping a pimple

The previous owner fitted a repco (sigh) cheapie oil pressure gauge which I think looks hideous. Reason for this was the original sender ceased functioning. I'd rather have the gauge on the dash going so I'll endeavour to track down the original sender.

The rims as you've all said have an unusual PCD and so finding wheels will be a bit of a challenge. Japan might be the best option here and although I've never had anything sent over from there before, I'm keen to give it a go.

As for exhaust and slammage, I ran it with 3/4 of the exhaust removed once and it sounded tough. Exhaust is definately on the cards when I have the cash.

Not too sure on the lowering at the moment because the lower I go, the less practical the car would become.

Anyone wanna photchop the car on some better rims and slammed??? I've only got paint :(

• 3 weeks later...
Here's that article I mentioned to you at the meet on Tuesday:

http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_107768/article.html

I wonder if it allows remote linking of images?

107768_8mg.jpg

Oh, I remember this! First thing I did when I bought the car was search the net for others like it, found that article back then and havn't seen it since.

I like some of the things he's done with it. The rims really suit the way he's done up his car, must've been hard to find in the correct PCD? Possibly had them drilled to suit. They go well with the lowered stance + exhaust.

Not a fan of the black petrol flap, it came chrome from the factory and looked 1,000,000 times betterer.

Right now my car is nana spec. Fitted a pair of headlight covers yesterday and gave the interior a thorough clean. Exterior will be next as soon as the weather stops having mood swings. Front rims need an epic clean. Heard that Brakleen stuff that comes in a can would be good for this. The dirt is pretty much all brake dust anyway so it should do the trick. Probably give them an Autosol polish them afterwards. What do you guys think? Are there better cleaning/polishing products that give good results?

Not looking for mirror-spec finish, more like half-decent-on-a-budget-spec.