Hotties on the Ex.

Z-M-K

Hey guys,

Just need abit of knowledge befor I buy some hotwires for my Ex lancer.

The ones im looking at are:

13x6"

114.3 stud pattern

and he thinks they are 15P offset

Will they fit up mint?

Btw sorry for the noob questions :P

Thanx.

Z-M-K

13s look way too small the guard gap clearance will look massive

13x6s even worse, small and skinny

im in the same boat as you mang but good luck fitting anything wider than a 7 on the front :lol:

let alone 7 with a decent offset

im not prepared at the mo to spend heaps on a set from yahoo tog et em here and they aint even close to fitting

Here's some fitment guidelines from the RS-Watanabe website

Lancer (A175A (EX))

Standard Fitment;

Front & Rear;

Size: 14x6.0

Offset: +20

Max Recommended;

Front; 15x6.5 Offset: +40

Rear; 15x7.0 Offset: +30

Now, you can generally go higher than RS-Watanabe's max recommended, depends what look you're after. That's just the safest fitment that won't rub or require modification so it's a good guideline. What you have to watch though, is different designs of rims might not necessarily fit, irrespective of whether they're inside those parameters.

Jesus don't get hotwires. Don't get 13s either, the Ex is too big a car imo to roll them, plus you restrict brake size for future upgrades

Looks at some 14x7 80s Jap alloys. Flat faced, sweet offset, plus a thorough slamming. You'll be the talk of the town.

There's a ratty black with black hotwire EX with no springs getting around down here at the moment, it infuriates me, horrible in every way and it has FDP on it, both on the bootlid and the dash. :rolleyes:

Little faggot douchebags ruining car culture for everyone else.

Algood, ive decided I am going to go for the 17x7" Lenso RS5's, in black.

Cost a shit load buy look v-niiiice!

Theyre an ok looking wheel, but only ok, theyre very plain. I'm unsure why so many people love these. Usually seen in fwd offsets and so they usually sit in and look horrible.

Why not go against the grain?

Even a 5 spoke 14/15 inch wheel in the right sort of fitment would look better, at quarter of the cost.

lol those sharks ^ are being sold by a dude in chch. they are indeed overpriced but when there arent any on the market in nz you can ask it. Keep your eye out and sweet wheels pop up every now and then. also price up bringing in your own 14s from japan, it not as expensive as you would expect

Algood, ive decided I am going to go for the 17x7" Lenso RS5's, in black.

Cost a shit load buy look v-niiiice!

Theyre an ok looking wheel, but only ok, theyre very plain. I'm unsure why so many people love these. Usually seen in fwd offsets and so they usually sit in and look horrible.

Why not go against the grain?

Even a 5 spoke 14/15 inch wheel in the right sort of fitment would look better, at quarter of the cost.

RS5s go for cheaps as. They're okay I suppose. MUCH better than hotwires, but I'm betting he changes his mind again?

There's a ratty black with black hotwire EX with no springs getting around down here at the moment, it infuriates me, horrible in every way and it has FDP on it, both on the bootlid and the dash. :rolleyes:

Little faggot douchebags ruining car culture for everyone else.

is it opposite day?