originalrx's 808 wagon

rot808

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the play in the steering column is in the steering box, theres a shim you can adjust and repack it with grease to tighten it up. Real common problem with 80/3/323s etc and usually easy to fix

Ok thanks for the help :D

I scaned this page out of my manual:

steerings.jpg

Can you tell me off this picture what i need tar do to fix this probly?

when i had my RX3 it failed a wof for exactly the same thing and i was able to get a new nylon (i think it was nylon) bushing for it from mazda off the shelf and just had to take the steering wheel off and slide the new bush into place.

Cheers for that :D

All fixed now. Got a new busher to fit into the top of the steering column from mazda

• 2 weeks later...
Yea man just cant get steering wheel of.it as a rx2 wheel and boss kit

The Part Number is: 8871-49-101 Prety sure 808 is the same az 323

Yea if rx3 steering wheels are the same az rx2 steering wheels you just need to pull off the horn button and undo the nut behind it and the steering wheel should come off ..... :?

Yea man just cant get steering wheel of.it as a rx2 wheel and boss kit

One trick is rather than pulling on the wheel, you sit in the drivers seat, take the nut off from the centre, then hit (resonably hard) with your hands one side of the wheel then the other directly from the front.

You do it quite fast, and the jolting/vibration just pops it off.. have done it many times, even the most stuborn of steering wheels will come off.

• 9 months later...

Heard you got a Savanna GR badge, nice Score!

I might have some rubbers for your quarter glass, and a rear stainless trim with rubber if you're interested.

They will all be in storage, but clearing out a heap of stuff out this summer, pretty sure there is some in there.