Quick question about shock absorbers

rwdlancer

Most Bicycle shops have varying rates of oil from 2.5w through 40w

Why not just buy new inserts from Autolign/BnT - will save you a lot of hassle..

Oh wait you have already shortened the factory ones -- seems pointless to me with factory ones being so shit...

If repco still sells Jack oil id use that as worked mint for me in the past, havent seen it in ages tho

Prob get at supercheep, often called Hydraulic oil- not to be confused with hydraulic fluid

yea they sell jack oil, just got some. was pretty cheap too

how much did it cost you to have the shocks shortened?

Personally I would cut your losses and buy brand new gas inserts and shorten them..

I was a mechanic for 13+ years and never put a factory hydraulic setup back together - I always replaced them with new inserts..

I am assuming if they were put back together, even if done properly with new seal kit (if you can buy these still??) they will not last long till they start leaking and need replacement again.. caused by wear and tear on the sleeve and piston from 20+ years of driving..

diff oil ftw

nah dont do that you can bend the shock rod.

910 has had 10w oil and now 50w now ...sure its stiffier , but only on the rebound so you'll still dive on first compression .

how much did it cost you to have the shocks shortened?

Personally I would cut your losses and buy brand new gas inserts and shorten them..

I was a mechanic for 13+ years and never put a factory hydraulic setup back together - I always replaced them with new inserts..

I am assuming if they were put back together, even if done properly with new seal kit (if you can buy these still??) they will not last long till they start leaking and need replacement again.. caused by wear and tear on the sleeve and piston from 20+ years of driving..

yea man new shocks are just soo much better