10Speeds Raleigh 1966 RM12 Super 50 Moped

10Speed

not sure of the year but somewhere between June 1965 & July 1967

0_53903200_1247361916_xxxPXT__lt_6421666201xxx_12072009101.jpg

Was part of the 'Francis Baptist' VW collection, brought at auction from Turners...

Currently not running, doesnt seem to have spark, but not yet sure of whats involved in getting that sorted... But seems to be a fantastic starting point for a project...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any advice to offer but that is awsome, wolf 3d, brown suits and freddy mercury kind of awsome.

Procol Harum sat at the top of the singles charts with "A Whiter Shade of Pale" when they stopped making these

go and see Andrew (not Kevin, he wont help you) at scooter world in newton gully. hes not there on Friday i think? but hes there most days between 9 and 3.

if the points your looking for are similar to anything else he'll know. hes the man when it comes to old motorcycle shit.

if he cant help you hell be able to point you in the right direction.

sheepers.

• 3 weeks later...

well she's running reasonably well now, gets up to about 50km on the flat, mostly goes up hills :-) carb needed a decent clean out, though that seems to have created a bit of a leak but never mind...

taken for a blast around Parnell, good times and as they say moped mo'pussy

next thing to fix is fuel coming out from under the cap on the top of the fuel tank. Theres sort of a cork seal thats worn thin. What can I use to replace it some kind of rubber? if so what kind and where can I get it from?

P8200003sml.jpgP8200002sml.jpg

(the pipe out the bottom is the fuel gauge)

(not Kevin, he wont help you) at scooter world

sheepers.

Hahahaha that guy rules me

Sure he's my real dad

I vote cork sheet for gas cap too, also is the motor Villiers based? May be easier to find points if you find what model and series the motor is and search that way..

Raleigh definitely didn't make their own in house unit so prob Villiers, JAP or DKW based unit.

is the motor Villiers based? May be easier to find points if you find what model and series the motor is and search that way..

Raleigh definitely didn't make their own in house unit so prob Villiers, JAP or DKW based unit.

Motobecane (MBK) french unit... AV7

not super hard to get parts for - unless your running a 6 volt unit, which of course I am. Am thinking about ordering a CDI unit off a current model, which I think will bolt straight up...

av78_n.jpg

old school french unit

mobylette_n150.jpg

semi-old school US unit

super50_raleigh_copy.jpg

unrestored same as mine

both with more or less the same engine

O fuck should have picked that!

Used to have Motobecane Mobylette, like orange one but blue, was rad used to wind start on the pedals and launch off stand at like 180000 rpm and get thrown onto arse. Was good for jumps too

Wouldn't do that to yours, too mint. Ebay some points or see what they're the same as cross referenced

probably find their the same as Simca 1000, look similar...