10Speed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

a few updates... no pics...

Bike fell over and smashed the fairing... will trace what is remaining of the old one and cut a new one, one day

Sheepers extended my stand, so now will not fall over again, and can now 'kickstart' while on stand (looks so much cooler).... thanks again for that...

Replaced brake cables with bmx linear cabling for awesome stopping abilities - easily the most noticable upgrade I have done, highly recommended for any light 2 wheeler...

And got stopped by a motor cycle cop on my way home 'Ummm believe it or not I stopped you for your speed, you were doing 69kph'. Cool guy let me off with a warning though asked about the capacity of the engine (which I rounded down to 50cc)...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

well it started running very sickly, so stripped engine down for good measure - looks like it might have been caused by loose exhaust....

anyway decided to try out my new torque wrench when reassembling, and promptly snapped a stud off in the case... turns out you can't easily get m7 helicoils, not a big problem theres heaps of meat so opened every thing up to accommodate m8 studs... reassemble again with torque wrench and pull threads out of case (probably my inaccurate drilling...) so now everything is heli-coiled m8 and I have assembled by feel rather than by the book, and she runs happily again...

runs happily again now :-) (and I love testing my 2 strokes running up and down Parnell rise (I live near the bottom of it, I don't ride across town just to annoy people))