SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Still haven't done F/A on this - have been trying to clear my debt / something came up which absorbed most of last years bonus. Although, there is finally a skid vid of this on a mate's phone, which I'll upload at a later date.

Diff has started slapping the underside of the floor pan when upchanging during heavy acceleration - LOLs better fix this soon.

I have however purchased a 2nd hand set of XYZ platform adjustables (I know they're shit, but they were a steal) to replace the leaking Kei Office set. Should really get around to selling my body kit & getting this a cert.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I've rolled the guards on this - big thanks to Jarred for the lend of the guard roller & tools.

The drivers side front wheel had caught the guard lip & did a tiny bit of damage to the guard - Hammer & Dolly have put it right though.

After putting the new XYZ adjustables in, I have found that the rear tyres are scraping on the inner guard. So when I move to new wheels I will need to run a lower profile tyre with a bit of stretch to stop this. I could of course jack it back up, but I'm not gay.

I've been looking for some wider wheels, originally I wanted to run with the Work Emotion XD9s 18x10 all round for maximum hellaflushthetoilet, however, with a cost of over $3,000 for just the wheels, I'm shying away from them for now.

Currently looking at some 18x9.5 and 18x11 Rotor MXRs, black faced with a polished lip and with them costing less than $1800 they seem to be the go.

My only reservation is that I wanted to do the Red car / White wheels colour scheme scheme, but for that I'd need something like Grids, DPTs or SVN-Rs, which only come in an 18x10. My ideal rear wheel size 18x10.5, so I've got some thinking to do.

Have pics of rolled guards & the spot where the tyres are rubbing but that's meh, so this update is pictureless.

Please please please don't get rota wheels. This thing is uber sweet and that would just gay the whole thing up IMO. You don't put this much work into something to get imitation wheels surely.

Stop being a gay. Rota wheels are fine

Please please please don't get rota wheels. This thing is uber sweet and that would just gay the whole thing up IMO. You don't put this much work into something to get imitation wheels surely.

MXRs aren't imitating any other wheel are they?

Sure the Grids are immitating Work TE37s, but GT37s are doing the same thing...

Will be doing a trip to Mt. Maunganui to test fit some wheels in May. See what I like best & go from there.

Pretty sure the MXR isn't an exact replica of anything, which is good. They're a nice looking wheel, and I think they'd look quite good on an RX-7. I guess the best way to find out is buying trying them on, as you may find out.

The factory BBS mesh style wheels look good on a Series 8, that's for sure.

2001%20mazda%20rx-7_rz%20front.jpg

yeah its just the grids and touque's that annoy me. The fact that they claim them as a completely different wheel. I admit they look good but the company them selves annoy me trying to claim the wheels like grids are there own design. They are a very slightly modified te37. If the wheels you want are an actual rota design then good for them.